NAD- Randall RG100ES

Great amp, I had one for a couple of years I ran with the block booster, I never figured out how that thing worked, but it did compensate for the volume loss with the treble pot pulled. It was a beast back in its day, you'd swear it was a tube amp, and they were cheap compared to anything else in that tonal range.
Dam that's a killer clip Dave!

JTyson":2dbg4g43 said:
Great amp, I had one for a couple of years I ran with the block booster, I never figured out how that thing worked, but it did compensate for the volume loss with the treble pot pulled. It was a beast back in its day, you'd swear it was a tube amp, and they were cheap compared to anything else in that tonal range.
Dam that's a killer clip Dave!
Yeah you ain't kiddin...been playing it today and sounds great, I'd take this tone over the EVH blue channel on the 50w 6L6. Seriously. Doesn't feel plastic or fake, and being SS and with diodes it totally is! Lol.
After playing it I go right to my 800 and yes there is a difference, as there should be, but seriously, 150 bucks?
These amps are the perfect "intro to Marshall" tone for the modern tone guy who doesn't like Marshall but needs that flavor, without spending a lot of coin.

Adjusted my settings and running straight in Im getting this ripping and dynamic tone. Got a recording but I’m too afraid to post on here and get destroyed lol. Loving this thing!

misterspockyall":d2ummm2u said:
Adjusted my settings and running straight in Im getting this ripping and dynamic tone. Got a recording but I’m too afraid to post on here and get destroyed lol. Loving this thing!
Nice! You don't need to shred, just post a few chord progressions, if you feel like it. I ran mine through my G12 65 cab and it easily equals 50 tube watts when pushed. I can't get over how much better this one sounds than the 84 version I had with the G12 80. That one must have had an issue, the gain is almost over the top on this 88. That 84 had nowhere near the gain of this one.

Back