Being a YouTube whore..

midnightlaundry

Click Like and Subscribe.. ich.. :doh:

It seems to be the way of the future.. While it is a resource for checking out gear, the negative is that it seems to bring out the douche in people on all sides.. 'Ever read some of the comments? The pure anonymous hate that comes out is human nature I guess. But if you can put yourself out there and offer something people want, it can be a good thing.

Discuss.

Yeah man I get the gamut! Lol!

Everything from “you dial in the most generic white bread tones ever” to “One of the few people that know how to dial an amp in!”

i watch youtube quite a bit. a lot of good info from fitness/health/guitar/fixing my car...i’d say it’s more positive. But yeah, there are trolls that are just plain assholes cuz they feel it’s their right to put others down. why? cuz they they don’t really answer to anyone. i still feel it reflects them in real life, they are just more restrained and can’t deal.

that’s my $.02

taking it further, google i don’t use, and i am kinda a catch 22 cuz they own youtube.

I don't watch much tv, or even Netflix- I watch youtube all the time on different subjects. I hardly ever scroll down to read the comments- it is usually a wasteland of humanity.

I don't mind the "Hey, click and subscribe"; for many vids that signals the end of the clip and alerts me to move on. Plus I know they spend a lot of time and I don't think that's too much to ask.

crwnedblasphemy":b6na19qw said:
i watch youtube quite a bit. a lot of good info from fitness/health/guitar/fixing my car...i’d say it’s more positive. But yeah, there are trolls that are just plain assholes cuz they feel it’s their right to put others down. why? cuz they they don’t really answer to anyone. i still feel it reflects them in real life, they are just more restrained and can’t deal.
I totally agree. Some people are just rotten cowards who get off on putting others down from the safety of online anonymity. If they were to actually walk around acting this way, they'd get their asses kicked on a daily basis. Truly pathetic....

Beyond Black":2ga7tns9 said:
crwnedblasphemy":2ga7tns9 said:
I totally agree. Some people are just rotten cowards who get off on putting others down from the safety of online anonymity. If they were to actually walk around acting this way, they'd get their asses kicked on a daily basis. Truly pathetic....

YouTube is a cesspool for those cocksuckers. They never reply back either.

Yep, I love YT but the comment section can be a scary place. I wish I would’ve gotten in early on the whole gear review thing. Had a ton of views on an AIC cover I put up about 10 years ago or so. I could’ve used it to bring viewers in and rode the wave. Oh well. I still might start something.. just put song ideas up and the occasional gear review.

I'm a fan of reading the comments usually. And as mentioned most of the time the tubers don't reply... My thought is douche bag trolls only like to appear and talk shit on post with lots of hits or comments. So if your a youtuber i'm thinking that means you have achieved some type of success if trolls are coming at ya. :dunno:

I never read the comments, ever. Don’t really care what is written, kind of like a random message board that I don’t read.
I mainly watch YouTube on my Apple TV on my family room TV and it’s actually a few clicks to be able to even see the comments.

I do read the comments on my videos, but I only have 2 videos so, ha.

steve_k":1t3e56a5 said:
Beyond Black":1t3e56a5 said:
crwnedblasphemy":1t3e56a5 said:

YouTube is a cesspool for those cocksuckers. They never reply back either.
If people were made to use their real names online instead of anonymous names the interwebz would be a much different place...

YT is scary. My daughter was on a TV show and when they put it to YouTube the comments were out of hand. It has 18 million views so far. She took it well, but as a parent it was shocking. Then some youtuber made a parady video and it too was full of crazy comments.

GregM":135spssa said:
glassjaw7":135spssa said:
Had a ton of views on an AIC cover I put up about 10 years ago or so.

Link? :)

Recorded in my living room with a pod into a Roland 8-track if memory serves. It’s not like the views are in the millions but got up way higher than I thought they would. I didn’t have a bass at the time so I added the bass track with my LP on the neck pup. :LOL: :LOL:

BYTOR":ni9l54jg said:
Check out the top earners on YouTube from June 2017 to June 2018
A seven year old kid earned 22 million for reviewing toys :doh:

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-46427910

Came to comment on this.

My son has watched that kid before but usually goes for FGTV.

Youtube is amazing honestly. Turning bedroom warriors to rockstars, 7 year old millionaires, literally every pedal and amp I am interested in gets a watch on YT before I buy. Guitar lessons, etc. Literally anything you could want is there.

I guess it is never too late but unless you are doing something brand new, most windows are closed I feel on that platform.

The bad, as already stated. I have also been in the most intense arguments in my life and there are serious comment trolls. BUT that is anywhere online in general, not just youtube. In a way it has taken another piece of our souls as human beings.

The one thing that has bothered me lately though are the blatant whores.

So an example is someone who has a decent following for a small channel. Not quite making big money but they may have 30k subs. Not bad at all. Not sure how much they make but it is not enough. It is clear they want to make a living from Youtube, which hey who wouldn't? But then they start whoring out for ads. So annoying, at least find a way to do it tactfully like Linus does. I see this one guy who now has a cheesy ad at the beginning of every single video and it gets annoying.

I guess I just get annoyed easily in general. I also get annoyed by excessively long intros. Play your little jingle, show your logo and move the fuck on damn :doh:

maddnotez":3476j7kp said:
BYTOR":3476j7kp said:

Came to comment on this.

Youtube is amazing honestly. Turning bedroom warriors to rockstars, 7 year old millionaires, literally every pedal and amp I am interested in gets a watch on YT before I buy. Guitar lessons, etc. Literally anything you could want is there.

I guess it is never too late but unless you are doing something brand new, most windows are closed I feel on that platform.

The bad, as already stated. I have also been in the most intense arguments in my life and there are serious comment trolls. BUT that is anywhere online in general, not just youtube. In a way it has taken another piece of our souls as human beings.

My son religiously watches FGTV.

psychodave":3pekm3fv said:
maddnotez":3pekm3fv said:
BYTOR":3pekm3fv said:

Came to comment on this.

My son religiously watches FGTV.

Is a pretty good channel honestly. The guy is pretty hilarious.

Back