Mesa Stiletto Stage II or Ceriatone Jubilee 2555?

Bad.Seed":2si1l1x6 said:
UPDATE: Picked up the stiletto. GC dropped the price $50 and is offering free shipping on used items right now. It was a sign from the gear God's.

If it was the one they had listed for 750 you got an incredible deal. I almost picked it up myself but I have a deuce already and couldn’t justify ...lol

Don't know if this would have worked as well with the stage one but with the stage 2 when you put it on spongy it really sweetens up the top end. Obviously you do sacrifice some of the immediacy that comes with being on bold but it is a pretty nice sound. Greasy....lol

We shall see! If I don't dig it, I have the option to return it at no cost to me, so that's always nice

Bad.Seed":18glduuk said:
We shall see! If I don't dig it, I have the option to return it at no cost to me, so that's always nice

Those are 150 watts! 6 EL34's!

Put some JJ 6CA7's in it. That's what I ran in my last Deuce. Warm, loud and proud. Will have your pants flappin'!

Bad.Seed":37ljocvd said:

Don’t be concerned if at lower volumes you’re running the mids, treble and presence lower than your used to. As the amp gets louder these will want to come up. Also there’s a lot of gain in fluid drive. I actually get all the gain I need with medium humbuckers for metal with the pre at 9-10 O’clock. But I do like a more tight old school metal/thrash sound. Not into the super saturated, thick but ill-defined, modern tones. Tite gain will have less compression and you can run the gain higher for a straight hard rock tone. Takes boost pedals well. Give it a minute. There’s a few ways to run the amp. Also EQ in the loop works well too.

I had a Stage II that was a killer amp. It's fixed bias and Mesa tubes run pretty cold in it. Put some hotter tubes in it and it warms it up nicely. Great cleans and never needed a boost.

BrokenFusion":2s8ggvd5 said:
I had a Stage II that was a killer amp. It's fixed bias and Mesa tubes run pretty cold in it. Put some hotter tubes in it and it warms it up nicely. Great cleans and never needed a boost.

I see you have what looks to be a Splawn Nitro in your Avatar, how would you say the 2 compare?

Hope the Stiletto works out! Honestly, I had a Trident which was obscenely loud and on the bright side (Stage I). In hindsight, I think it would have been much better with Greenbacks than the Mesa V30s. Wouldn't mind having a Stage II Ace or Deuce to run through my 1960 with Greenbacks.

Back