G12H30 Anniversary and Heritage G12H(55)

fearhk213

In the digging around I’ve done, it seems like lots of folks find the H30 Snniversary to be a good match with Jose-style and other hot-rodded Marshall style amps. I’m predominantly a more modern metal player and have some amps in that wheelhouse. I’ve been thinking about nabbing some G12H30 Anniversaries, but I’m also curious about the Heritage G12H(55). Anyone have experience comparing these speakers and find one more suited for fast, tight riffs.

i have a Marshall 1960BHW Cab that has the Heritage speakers but i have never compared them to the Anniversary ones. I do play a lot of tight fast riffs & a lot of chugging & the heritage ones sound great for that.

Every Anniversary G12H-30 I have tried were extremely bright and harsh, they may temper after breaking in but mine never seemed to lose the harshness even after breaking them in... I think they are not up to the heritage standards IMHO. I have a new set of Heritage 12H-30 55Hz and they do have more low end but it's a tight lowend that's not overpowered but it's there and the mids are very woody, I am very satisfied with the tone and feel. I have compared them directly to my original 1979 12H-30 75Hz and I like the 55Hz over the 75Hz because of the woody character. The 75Hz would be tighter for metal with less low end.

Being that Jose amps tend to be bright they probably would be a great match. Here's some clips that helped me decide.

I’ve owned the heritage 25 and 30’s. I never liked them. Sold them all off years ago.

I do own four 4x12’s with Anniversary H30’s and they sound great. So good that a friend just yesterday asked about them since he wanted to find IR’s based on them.

All i know for sure is whatever is in the Cameron cab i got from psychodave sound kickass. He probably broke the speakers in,whereas my other Cameron cab doesn't sound as sweet. Or he imbibed it with his mojo...or something.

rottingcorpse":6zk9hyvr said:
All i know for sure is whatever is in the Cameron cab i got from psychodave sound kickass. He probably broke the speakers in,whereas my other Cameron cab doesn't sound as sweet. Or he imbibed it with his mojo...or something.
I think the Camerons came with the Anniversary.

The 70th Anniversary speakers were the only Celestions I've ever played that sounded better at low volume than they did at high volume. The highs were TERRIBLE.
I prefer the highs from T75s over the 70th Annies, so that says a lot.

rottingcorpse":308uo7hx said:

Cabinet has a lot to do with it.

No mojo here. :LOL: :LOL:

I have 2 marshall 4x12 cabs loaded with the anniversary's and I love them. I play through a modded marshall and a diezel vh2,

I don’t know much about the 55 Hz but I had my 1960B loaded with two anniversaries and two CL80s for a while per Mark Cameron’s recommendation and it sounded great. Lots of bite but had a growl that I haven’t really heard from other speakers. I’ve also played an old Cameron 412 with anniversaries and it just killed. Something about those cabs.

I just picked up a Marshall 1960AHW with 55hz G12H Heritages. I’m using it with a Metalhead modded 800 to play death metal and it rips. I was surprised with how aggressive it sounds. The speakers are pretty balanced, tight and add some extra crunch. I can use less gain with the G12Hs as opposed to the G12T-75s in my other cabs.

I've had them both and loved them both. (Bought the 55hz from psychodave). I prefer the Annys for what I play, but I loved the 55hz with a JCM800 type amp because they helped bring in some lower mids.

Back