NAD Mesa III Green Stripe

peterc52

Massive sounding. Like better than the IV's I've had.

Very happy with my rig right now. :) :)

Attachments

• IMG_7056-1.jpg
    IMG_7056-1.jpg
    769.4 KB · Views: 636
Congrats! My first Mark was a purple III. I had read that the purple was the least desirable, so I tried a Red based on the interwebz but the Purple crushed it. Back went the Red. Lol. I liked all 6L6 vs 2 EL34/2 6L6.
Now that you've had a Mark III, be careful...the 2C+ bug may get ya....then it's game on.

Racerxrated":3esui4fx said:
Congrats! My first Mark was a purple III. I had read that the purple was the least desirable, so I tried a Red based on the interwebz but the Purple crushed it. Back went the Red. Lol. I liked all 6L6 vs 2 EL34/2 6L6.
Now that you've had a Mark III, be careful...the 2C+ bug may get ya....then it's game on.

It’s funny how the “less desirable” stuff sometimes works better in certain situations. OP, that clip sounds great

Thanks guys! Oops. The seller told me it was a purple stripe. Didn’t look good enough last night. It’s actually a green stripe! It does sound good and aggressive. Just my type of amp

Mark III’s are fantastic amps.

I’ve had at least one of each stripe...and a black dot/no stripe.....and while they were all slightly different, they all kicked ass.

If I had to pick my favorites, it would be the black dot/no stripe and the purple stripe, but there wasn’t a slouch in the whole bunch.

Congrats on the amp!
T

Nice score! Green stripe may be my favorite Mark (compared to red and the IVA). It's got the IVA power section and the more complex gain structure of the IIIs—kind of the best of both worlds.

Back