Any experiences with a Bad Cat Unleash V2? Others?

napalmdeath

I'm thinking about this as a Christmas gift for my brother. The PS-2's are still a long wait, and kinda expensive.

Here's the deal. He has a '79 JMP 2x12 combo, no FX loop. He uses a GT-10 out front, which really defeats the purpose of having a glorious sounding amp, cranked. I'd like to get him something that allows him to crank the shit out of it, and route his effects through a loop, like they should be! I personally hate his tone, yet he thinks his Marshall sounds great, (but it's all Boss!)

I thought about an HD500X as well, but, same thing, layering preamps over a preamp, but atleast the modeling is better! Hell, my RP1000 is better! (Though I route my effects through the loop and dont use modeling).

Any suggestions that cost under $500?

I've got the original Unleash and it's badass. Not getting used now, but when I had my Plexi it was the tits. Had a boost and provided a loop for putting fx after the preamp. Very cool.

ewill52":zilr1dic said:
I've got the original Unleash and it's badass. Not getting used now, but when I had my Plexi it was the tits. Had a boost and provided a loop for putting fx after the preamp. Very cool.
I had the original Unleash, bought it for use with a nice Cameron Aldrich, but when I compared the tone with/without I felt it shaved off too much high end..maybe a bit of the hair as well. Great though to add a loop/attenuate. The solid state reamping just changed the tone too much for me.
I've not tried the V2 though.

Back