Help!!! Fryette/vht cl50 bias question

apophis

So im trying to install a new pair of e34l in the amp. Using my single probe and multimeter i was getting a 70 reading on the multimeter. Were these previous tubes running too hot or is it giving me the reading for the pair? Recommended bias per tube is between 34-36

apophis":33qhfoyy said:
So im trying to install a new pair of e34l in the amp. Using my single probe and multimeter i was getting a 70 reading on the multimeter. Were these previous tubes running too hot or is it giving me the reading for the pair? Recommended bias per tube is between 34-36
That’s the reading for one tube, the one your probing.

Yeah. Running hot that one tube. Are you 100% sure that your meter is working properly? Like check a 9 volt battery or some known source. What do you get on the other socket?

so yeah the bias was way off, fortunately it seems no damage was done, i had just received the amp and had only played at very low volumes...tubes were pulled and they still check over 100% on my tester. Put the new e34L in there and biased at 32 ma and it is working great. But those tubes at 70ma were sounding awesome! :LOL: :LOL:

Back