Cannibal Corpse guitarist goes Hammer Smashed face in Tampa!

Given what I know about Florida, this is a good 10 years in the cage and that's if you can prove a history of mental illness or him being steered by a drug. If the judge is a holy roller and gets a taste of his music prior to overseeing the case, I'm afraid his hands will be too arthritic to play by the time he gets out.

napalmdeath":2rqxbhin said:
thegame":2rqxbhin said:
I am shocked and saddened. By all accounts of several musicians who have toured with him and known him, this behaviour is 100% out of character. No one here has a clue, only speculation. Why don’t we, as fellow members of the rapidly dwindling guitar playing community, support a fellow musician by not starting rumours until AFTER the facts are in ?

Rapidly dwindling guitar playing community"? REALLY?

Perhaps he's referring to the fact that a lot of the younger crowd are into rap and other genres of music that don't use guitar bro? My kids are teenagers and they goof on their metal dad. Rock and Metal sadly are not at the top of the list with the young ones it seems. But this is another topic of discussion I suppose.....

shred-o-holic":1o1iah3x said:
napalmdeath":1o1iah3x said:
thegame":1o1iah3x said:
I am shocked and saddened. By all accounts of several musicians who have toured with him and known him, this behaviour is 100% out of character. No one here has a clue, only speculation. Why don’t we, as fellow members of the rapidly dwindling guitar playing community, support a fellow musician by not starting rumours until AFTER the facts are in ?

Rapidly dwindling guitar playing community"? REALLY?

Perhaps he's referring to the fact that a lot of the younger crowd are into rap and other genres of music that don't use guitar bro? My kids are teenagers and they goof on their metal dad. Rock and Metal sadly are not at the top of the list with the young ones it seems. But this is another topic of discussion I suppose.....

Precisely, thank you. Sales of musical instruments and all related accessories are way down. But enough about that...

Detroit1973":383qrlys said:
thegame":383qrlys said:

The Facts are he entered someone's home and was talking about the "Rapture" & That someone "was after him" he tried to hide in a closet & then at some point after being asked to leave, he assaulted the home owner. These are the facts according to the home owner & a witness.

Now was this hallucinations due to Mental Illness? or was this due to Drugs? or was this Drugs causing momentary mental illness/hallucinations....I Guess we now sit and wait for a toxicology report.

True. I should have stated that the facts surrounding “why” this happened are still out. Only the what’s and where’s pertaining to the happenings are known right now.

JT087":gnrngx20 said:
Given what I know about Florida, this is a good 10 years in the cage and that's if you can prove a history of mental illness or him being steered by a drug. If the judge is a holy roller and gets a taste of his music prior to overseeing the case, I'm afraid his hands will be too arthritic to play by the time he gets out.

I dunno. He's probably gonna take this one all the way to the Supreme Corpse.

:confused:

A pretty metal way to go down! Flamethrowers, explosions, crazy talk. Good for the gimmick vs flying around first class and having Bono sit in with the band on Fallon. :rock: :rock: :uzi: :uzi: :uzi:

Poor guy... The whole story seems strange, why would
you run towards a police officer with a knife? (If that’s
even the truth )
Ya, There must be a lot more to this…
So unfortunate…

SQUAREHEAD":3hswtyxv said:
RaceU4her":3hswtyxv said:
SQUAREHEAD":3hswtyxv said:
why would
you run towards a police officer with a knife?…

I’d guess to try and stab him

Yes, agreed…
But my point was, why would you run with a knife towards a man with a gun…

Because people on Drugs or having some form of mental breakdown (either due to drugs or mental illness) do not think clearly...Like you or I would.

Detroit1973":1adj85x9 said:
SQUAREHEAD":1adj85x9 said:
RaceU4her":1adj85x9 said:
SQUAREHEAD":1adj85x9 said:
why would

Yes, agreed…

Because people on Drugs or having some form of mental breakdown (either due to drugs or mental illness) do not think clearly...Like you or I would.

Yep, exactly my point… I agree, No one in their ‘right mind’ would do it…

SQUAREHEAD":1ytrbzsu said:
Detroit1973":1ytrbzsu said:
RaceU4her":1ytrbzsu said:
why would

Yes, agreed…

Yep, exactly my point… I agree, No one in their ‘right mind’ would do it…

I once ran toward a Police officer friend of mine, it was cold outside & i was wearing a hoodie & had my arms outstretched as though i was going to hug him....He drew his weapon on me. I learned really quickly that day never run toward a cop ever.

Detroit1973":2h79ewvi said:
I once ran toward a Police officer friend of mine, it was cold outside & i was wearing a hoodie & had my arms outstretched as though i was going to hug him....He drew his weapon on me. I learned really quickly that day never run toward a cop ever.

I would have drawn on you too.............you running hugger :LOL: :LOL: :yes:

shred-o-holic":3dvj2d6z said:
Detroit1973":3dvj2d6z said:

I would have drawn on you too.............you running hugger :LOL: :LOL: :yes:

I like to spread the Love around.

Oblivion DC":iqgcgau6 said:
Sucks to hear. So...

There’s probably an open spot in Cannibal Corpse right about now???

Instantly there were a bunch of guitarists writing CC's Facebook site about wanting to fill in on the upcoming huge tour. I checked some out and they were amazing guitarists too

Eric

Back