Cannibal Corpse guitarist goes Hammer Smashed face in Tampa!

Sad to hear this about a fellow metal musician. It's really disturbing to think that he might commit suicide, given the anti-suicide vest.

Going out on a limb here, pay me no mind, I'm just sad about this:

This stuff about "the Rapture" obviously refers to the belief that there will be a great event after which those righteous and faithful to God will be saved from the planet ahead of Judgment. And then there's this talk about somebody after him...

Reminds me of some of those guys involved in assassinating presidents and people like John Lennon. You know, the hearing voices thing. And also the Men in Black thing from Alien Conspiracy theorists... Stuff about being anally probed and laughter... The FBI used to use mind-altering drugs on people at one point of time without any concern for the legality of it. Some poor chap even jumped out of a window to his death.

What I'm driving at was maybe there was someone after him? I totally believe in mind control and brainwashing, just look at those guys who commit suicide bombing, for the record.

There's also the fact he was hiding out in the other house and his own house was on fire, with stuff exploding.

Sure, you could say he set the fire in a delusional state and was then hiding in the other house and hallucinating about someone after him.

But then there's a cop being rushed by a guy with a knife in Florida, and does the cop gun the guy down? No, he conveniently has a device to incapacitate O'Brien to ensure that he lives behind bars for the next decade or so. I don't believe it had anything to do with the fact he was white, this cop had a stun gun on demand.

Sorry for anybody who thinks this is just an open and shut case of a guy hallucinating on drugs who set his house on fire, hid in a neighbour's house and then assaulted him.

I mean, all those guns and flamethrowers at home and he picked a knife to attack the cop?

Wow. Totally believable.

nightlight":2n848a5x said:
Sad to hear this about a fellow metal musician. It's really disturbing to think that he might commit suicide, given the anti-suicide vest.

This stuff about "the Rapture" obviously refers to the belief that there will be a great event after which those righteous and faithful to God will be saved from the planet ahead of Judgment. And then there's this talk about somebody after him...

Reminds me of some of those guys involved in assassinating presidents and people like John Lennon. You know, the hearing voices thing. And also the Men in Black thing from Alien Conspiracy theorists... Stuff about being anally probed and laughter... The FBI used to use mind-altering drugs on people at one point of time without any concern for the legality of it. Some poor chap even jumped out of a window to his death.

What I'm driving at was maybe there was someone after him? I totally believe in mind control and brainwashing, just look at those guys who commit suicide bombing, for the record.

There's also the fact he was hiding out in the other house and his own house was on fire, with stuff exploding.

Sure, you could say he set the fire in a delusional state and was then hiding in the other house and hallucinating about someone after him.

But then there's a cop being rushed by a guy with a knife in Florida, and does the cop gun the guy down? No, he conveniently has a device to incapacitate O'Brien to ensure that he lives behind bars for the next decade or so. I don't believe it had anything to do with the fact he was white, this cop had a stun gun on demand.

Sorry for anybody who thinks this is just an open and shut case of a guy hallucinating on drugs who set his house on fire, hid in a neighbour's house and then assaulted him.

I mean, all those guns and flamethrowers at home and he picked a knife to attack the cop?

Wow. Totally believable.

Interesting outlook and some good points.

nightlight":3a8tzgzt said:

Wow. Totally believable.

I think maybe you need to read the reports a little more closely. There were people who witnessed this. This isn't "Mind Control" or Brainwashing" This is a dude with a serious problem either drugs or mental health issues...possibly both. It is a well known fact for people who knew Pat that he collected guns & other weapons, as well as guitars and amps.

The Cop in Question used a tazer on him....pretty common practice.

ericb":2sgg3iqo said:
Oblivion DC":2sgg3iqo said:
Sucks to hear. So...

There’s probably an open spot in Cannibal Corpse right about now???

Instantly there were a bunch of guitarists writing CC's Facebook site about wanting to fill in on the upcoming huge tour. I checked some out and they were amazing guitarists too

Eric

Ola!

napalmdeath":3el9wv8x said:
ericb":3el9wv8x said:
Oblivion DC":3el9wv8x said:
Sucks to hear. So...

There’s probably an open spot in Cannibal Corpse right about now???

Instantly there were a bunch of guitarists writing CC's Facebook site about wanting to fill in on the upcoming huge tour. I checked some out and they were amazing guitarists too

Eric

Ola!

He would be perfect for that gig.

Detroit1973":1iu8ff1d said:

Have to disagree with this statement.

Someone charging a cop with a knife is a lethal force situation, not a taser situation.

maddnotez":8cwcsoac said:
Detroit1973":8cwcsoac said:

Someone charging a cop with a knife is a lethal force situation, not a taser situation.

The Report that i read said they used a Taser on him....It is a leathal force situation but in his case they chose not to use lethal force.

Detroit1973":aj2925fb said:
maddnotez":aj2925fb said:
Detroit1973":aj2925fb said:

The Report that i read said they used a Taser on him....It is a leathal force situation but in his case they chose not to use lethal force.
Right, and the entire basis of the conspiracy theory above could be based around the question why. Common practice would be lethal force in this Situation.

To add. It's pretty insulting IMO for fans to be flooding their page with "need a guitarist". Too soon.

No offense to Ola, he could absolutely play anything CC but his live presence couldn't match Pat's. Although he has the hair and the chops he would need to get that head spinning for a true CC experience.

maddnotez":1vya5x8n said:
To add. It's pretty insulting IMO for fans to be flooding their page with "need a guitarist". Too soon.

No offense to Ola, he could absolutely play anything CC but his live presence couldn't match Pat's. Although he has the hair and the chops he would need to get that head spinning for a true CC experience.

I completely Agree with this. Ya know what i don't think anyone has mentioned....Where is the Statement from the Band? Normally one of your "Guys" Get arrested you make a statement either supporting him or denouncing him. I know that The drummers wife started a Go Fund me but i believe it got deleted due to the nature of the offense.

Detroit1973":3ldpcid3 said:
maddnotez":3ldpcid3 said:

I completely Agree with this. Ya know what i don't think anyone has mentioned....Where is the Statement from the Band? Normally one of your "Guys" Get arrested you make a statement either supporting him or denouncing him. I know that The drummers wife started a Go Fund me but i believe it got deleted due to the nature of the offense.

Yeah, I am sure a lot of fans are curious to see what the band thinks. I can only imagine how they are feeling/thinking. I saw the go fund me, didn't know it was deleted.

I guess they have restrictions on what is and what is not ok to donate to. Obviously the guy committed a few crimes, some would think horrible crimes. I just feel for the dude. Yeah it is absolutely his fault IF he was on drugs which I think he was but I also know people are not right in the head when they are tweaked out. No excuse but damn. Bad deal all around.

maddnotez":34i6dzg1 said:
Detroit1973":34i6dzg1 said:
maddnotez":34i6dzg1 said:

Yeah, I am sure a lot of fans are curious to see what the band thinks. I can only imagine how they are feeling/thinking. I saw the go fund me, didn't know it was deleted.

I guess they have restrictions on what is and what is not ok to donate to. Obviously the guy committed a few crimes, some would think horrible crimes. I just feel for the dude. Yeah it is absolutely his fault IF he was on drugs which I think he was but I also know people are not right in the head when they are tweaked out. No excuse but damn. Bad deal all around.

I Remember talking with Pat in Ft. Lauderdale & at the time he was using a Metal Zone as a Boost....I remember asking him about it & he literally walked me over to his pedal board to show me & told me all about his settings. Really nice dude & it's sad "IF" It was drugs....even sadder if it's a mental health issue.

Time for speculation.

On 12/10/18 at approximately 6:57 p.m., Patrick O’Brien entered 4732 Windflower Cr, to which he did not have permission from the owner/victim, nor did he know any residents at the above listed address. The residents ordered the defendant to exit the home immediately, at which point Patrick O’Brien pushed one of the residents to the ground against her will and fled into the backyard. When a deputy arrived, Patrick O’Brien would not obey his lawful commands and ran towards the deputy with a knife in his right hand. O’Brien was contained using a taser and was taken into custody. He is charged with Aggravated Assault on a Law Enforcement Officer with Deadly Weapon and Burglary Occupied Dwelling with Assault or Battery. The investigation is ongoing.

DEFINITION OF AGGRAVATED ASSAULT
As defined under Section 784.021, Florida Statutes, Aggravated Assault consists of four factual elements:

The accused intentionally and unlawfully threatened, by word or act, to do violence to the alleged victim,
At the time the threat was made, the accused appeared to have the ability to carry out the threat,
The accused’s threat created in the mind of the alleged victim a well-founded fear that the violence was about to take place, and
The assault was made either with a deadly weapon or with a fully formed conscious intent to commit a felony.
Essentially, Aggravated Assault is an assault with an additional act consisting of the use of a deadly weapon or the intent to commit a felony. Larkins v. State, 476 So. 2d 1383 (Fla. 1st DCA 1985).

PENALTIES FOR AGGRAVATED ASSAULT

In Florida, Aggravated Assault is a third degree felony, with penalties of up to 5 years in prison or 5 years probation, and a $5,000.00 fine. The offense is harshly prosecuted throughout the State, and even first-time offenders will face a realistic possibility of prison.

The range of punishments can increase substantially, to include mandatory prison of up to 20 years, where a firearm is discharged during the course of an incident.

There is nothing that mentions if an officer is involved but I would imagine that makes things worse.

DEFINITION OF BURGLARY- FLORIDA
The definition of burglary of a dwelling. structure, or conveyance is contained in Section 810.02, Florida Statutes. Under the law, a burglary can occur where:

The defendant enters a dwelling, structure, or conveyance owned by or in possession of another person and, at the time of entering, the defendant had the intent to commit an offense in the dwelling, structure, or conveyance; or
The defendant lawfully enters a dwelling, structure, or conveyance (with permission or consent) and remains inside (a) surreptitiously and with the intent to commit an offense therein; or (b) after permission to remain inside had been withdrawn and with the intent to commit an offense therein; or (c) With the intent to commit or attempt to commit a forcible felony inside.

PENALTIES FOR BURGLARY
The penalties available for burglary in Florida depend on the facts and circumstances of the offense. The type of building or structure, the manner in which the offense is committed, and the use of a weapon are some of the most important factors in determining the available sentence

IMO The best case scenario is as follows. IF he was on drugs maybe this defense is possible to use in both charges? The key word here is intent. Did Pat intend any of this? Or can it be argued he was not in the right state of mind therefore intent not being possible?

Innocent / Non-Criminal Intent- where a defendant enters a building or dwelling with intentions that do not involve the commission of a crime, then no burglary occurs (although the defendant’s actions may, under some circumstances, constitute a trespass);

I highly doubt he will get off scott free but hopefully he does. I would expect him to be sentenced to 3 years and maybe early release. Interesting case.

maddnotez":363fedou said:
Time for speculation.

On 12/10/18 at approximately 6:57 p.m., Patrick O’Brien entered 4732 Windflower Cr, to which he did not have permission from the owner/victim, nor did he know any residents at the above listed address. The residents ordered the defendant to exit the home immediately, at which point Patrick O’Brien pushed one of the residents to the ground against her will and fled into the backyard. When a deputy arrived, Patrick O’Brien would not obey his lawful commands and ran towards the deputy with a knife in his right hand. O’Brien was contained using a taser and was taken into custody. He is charged with Aggravated Assault on a Law Enforcement Officer with Deadly Weapon and Burglary Occupied Dwelling with Assault or Battery. The investigation is ongoing.

DEFINITION OF AGGRAVATED ASSAULT
As defined under Section 784.021, Florida Statutes, Aggravated Assault consists of four factual elements:

The accused intentionally and unlawfully threatened, by word or act, to do violence to the alleged victim,
At the time the threat was made, the accused appeared to have the ability to carry out the threat,
The accused’s threat created in the mind of the alleged victim a well-founded fear that the violence was about to take place, and
The assault was made either with a deadly weapon or with a fully formed conscious intent to commit a felony.
Essentially, Aggravated Assault is an assault with an additional act consisting of the use of a deadly weapon or the intent to commit a felony. Larkins v. State, 476 So. 2d 1383 (Fla. 1st DCA 1985).

PENALTIES FOR AGGRAVATED ASSAULT

In Florida, Aggravated Assault is a third degree felony, with penalties of up to 5 years in prison or 5 years probation, and a $5,000.00 fine. The offense is harshly prosecuted throughout the State, and even first-time offenders will face a realistic possibility of prison.

The range of punishments can increase substantially, to include mandatory prison of up to 20 years, where a firearm is discharged during the course of an incident.

There is nothing that mentions if an officer is involved but I would imagine that makes things worse.

DEFINITION OF BURGLARY- FLORIDA
The definition of burglary of a dwelling. structure, or conveyance is contained in Section 810.02, Florida Statutes. Under the law, a burglary can occur where:

The defendant enters a dwelling, structure, or conveyance owned by or in possession of another person and, at the time of entering, the defendant had the intent to commit an offense in the dwelling, structure, or conveyance; or
The defendant lawfully enters a dwelling, structure, or conveyance (with permission or consent) and remains inside (a) surreptitiously and with the intent to commit an offense therein; or (b) after permission to remain inside had been withdrawn and with the intent to commit an offense therein; or (c) With the intent to commit or attempt to commit a forcible felony inside.

PENALTIES FOR BURGLARY
The penalties available for burglary in Florida depend on the facts and circumstances of the offense. The type of building or structure, the manner in which the offense is committed, and the use of a weapon are some of the most important factors in determining the available sentence

IMO The best case scenario is as follows. IF he was on drugs maybe this defense is possible to use in both charges? The key word here is intent. Did Pat intend any of this? Or can it be argued he was not in the right state of mind therefore intent not being possible?

Innocent / Non-Criminal Intent- where a defendant enters a building or dwelling with intentions that do not involve the commission of a crime, then no burglary occurs (although the defendant’s actions may, under some circumstances, constitute a trespass);

I highly doubt he will get off scott free but hopefully he does. I would expect him to be sentenced to 3 years and maybe early release. Interesting case.

I HOPE he has no priors....which doing a simple google search would show multiple mug shots if he did. so hopefully he doesn't. if this was drug induced, doesn't make it right but it could be argued that he needs help(rehab) rather than Jail. Florida right now is REALLY Big on Rehab.

ericb":1uuafx6a said:

Eric

They'll probably just get Jack Owen back.

Love CC!!
but For Christ’s sakes ....
Grave isn’t even warm yet
Predicting......
Edward Van Halen going to cover
Till the next guy offs himself.
Ok....that was jump !
Now here is a fairytale called
Mummified in barbwire!’

Then on tour till 2020.’

nightlight":2khts9dy said:

Wow. Totally believable.
He picked the knife from the house that he broke into...

maddnotez":34p0plcv said:
:LOL: :LOL: The guy didn't die trying to save drowning kittens. The Too Soon rule does not apply when you self destruct yourself out of a job.

Back