VTM 60 Bion Boost basment dungeon cam clip

What does the pedal do different than the other million or so boost pedals out there ? What makes it unique ? And how much of the tone in the clip is the amp vs how much is the pedal ?

paulyc":2a6ohq9l said:
What does the pedal do different than the other million or so boost pedals out there ? What makes it unique ? And how much of the tone in the clip is the amp vs how much is the pedal ?

In this clip I have all the knobs wide open. With most overdrives that I've tried, that would equal a noisy hissy mess of feedback. It doesn't really color the sound as much as it brings out the best of what is already there. I would say this clip is 75% amp, with high gain input, pre on 6 and post on 2.5.

Can you tell me where the DIP switches are set on the VTM ? Are they on the highest gain/compression settings ?

The DIP switches turn it into a “Jose” , the VTM was supposed to be a copy of Brian Jay’s Jose Marshall (guy from Keel for those that may not know)

Damn dude that sounds fanfuckentastic! Reminds me of SOD/Anthrax Among the living era almost. Dig it! :rock:

errrrrl":p1fb5ewa said:
Damn dude that sounds fanfuckentastic! Reminds me of SOD/Anthrax Among the living era almost. Dig it! :rock:

Thanks! Like you, I spent a lot of time with the first SOD album and ATL when I was a kid.

:rock:

paulyc":ranjef40 said:

The Bion Boost is awesome. I generally use pretty conservative settings on mine to enhance the base tone. With a regular boost like a TS or SD1 or such, I can hear the boost and the amp. The Bion sounds more like a continuation of the amp. With my VTM60 I normally run the gain on 5 or 6, Bass, Mid and Treble at 5 and presence on 2 or 3. I also normally only use the Gain 2 dipswitch. With those settings I'll add a bit more with the Bion. Same with my PRS MT15. I run the gain at only 10 O'clock for my base tone and kick in the Bion if I want more. It also sounds great boosting my AMT R2 pedal. Within the last 6 months I went on a boost binge and tried several I was curious about like the Precision Drive, Buxom Boost and a few others. The Bion was the winner. I still have a BBE Green Screamer, Boss SD1 and Joyo Ironman Green legend, but the Bion is the only one actually on my board.

bubbastain":2k1uczu3 said:
paulyc":2k1uczu3 said:

The Bion Boost is awesome. I generally use pretty conservative settings on mine to enhance the base tone. With a regular boost like a TS or SD1 or such, I can hear the boost and the amp. The Bion sounds more like a continuation of the amp. With my VTM60 I normally run the gain on 5 or 6, Bass, Mid and Treble at 5 and presence on 2 or 3. I also normally only use the Gain 2 dipswitch. With those settings I'll add a bit more with the Bion. Same with my PRS MT15. I run the gain at only 10 O'clock for my base tone and kick in the Bion if I want more. It also sounds great boosting my AMT R2 pedal. Within the last 6 months I went on a boost binge and tried several I was curious about like the Precision Drive, Buxom Boost and a few others. The Bion was the winner. I still have a BBE Green Screamer, Boss SD1 and Joyo Ironman Green legend, but the Bion is the only one actually on my board.

Same here.

:thumbsup:

Tell me more about this bion boost. Hows it compare to the average Ts9/808/sd-1? What's it do differently? This clip sounds killer, and I have a mint VTM 60 sitting on my porch, waiting to be opened. SO I'm interested. Haha

Bad.Seed":3a49t0lg said:
Tell me more about this bion boost. Hows it compare to the average Ts9/808/sd-1? What's it do differently? This clip sounds killer, and I have a mint VTM 60 sitting on my porch, waiting to be opened. SO I'm interested. Haha

Thanks for the comment, and congrats on the VTM!

:cheers:

The simplest way I can describe it, is that the Bion makes the best of what the amp already has with minimal coloration and you can run it hard without a bunch of noise and feedback. It can also do a fuzz-like tone as well which is not something I would use very often, but it's nice to have it available. I think bubba posted a bion fuzz clip a while back IIRC.

Back