NAD...in stereo

Matt300ZXT

I got another rack setup. I got the Peavey Classic 60/60 at a really good price, even though I was sort of misled about the tubes, but it's still in good shape. I was told it had new Ruby tubes in it. The guy I got it from bought it from another individual, having said he replaced the tubes with Ruby tubes. He was mostly a sax player so decided he didn't need the heavy rack setup anymore for occasional guitar playing and just wanted to go to a combo, so he let the amp go. When I got it home and opened it up, it does have Chinese tubes in it, just Sino tubes labeled as Electron Tubes, and were matched by Apex. It has Mullard preamp tubes that have a 99.9% probability of being Electro Harmonix tubes lol

The real fun part of this equation is the preamp I picked up from a guy in Florida off of here. It's a Myasnikov Soldano clone preamp. This should be a lot of fun to play with. Now, I just need another rack (or a bigger one) so I can house all the gear I want to add to it.

1212180842.jpg

1212180829.jpg

1212180829a.jpg

1212180829b.jpg

1212181250.jpg

1212181253.jpg

1212181254.jpg

1212181254a.jpg

1212181256.jpg

p.s. I realize my address is on the labels in the photo, don't show up unannounced wanting to jam on gear, I need some heads up.

Nice score I’ve owned several Peavey power amps over the years and they have all been excellent. Just recently sold a 60/60, and still own a Mono 60. I have also been interested in one of those preamps. Hopefully I’ll be able to find a sweet deal on one sometime soon.
What are your thoughts so far?

I dig it so far, real heavy on gain though. I've got mine down to about 3 and it has all the gain I need to be in 80s heaven. Even on some of my weaker pickup'ed guitars it still sings with ease.

Yeah, I made the post on TGP originally and just copied and pasted. I didn't realize RT didn't automatically shrink them down unless you click them like TGP does lol My bad guys.

Back