Peavey VTM

Jeff Hilligan":g4wzhc7o said:
bubbastain":g4wzhc7o said:
Detroit1973":g4wzhc7o said:
Who was the dude around here who had a modded VTM that just sounded so damn good?

This one????

I'm the dude if that's the amp. :LOL: :LOL:

Hah you fucker...smokin

:LOL: :LOL: Just last night I bought a XLR to 1/8" cable to see if I could hook my SM57 up to my iPhone. Saw this post and figured it was a good excuse to experiment. I used the little black box thingy from Positive Grid to connect to my phone. It works, but the volume comes out pretty low. This video was with the amp on 2, which is fucking loud in a bedroom and it still came out low. I think I'll have to add my Presonus Firebox in the middle to boost the signal.

bubbastain":1ukuls6m said:
Jeff Hilligan":1ukuls6m said:
bubbastain":1ukuls6m said:
Detroit1973":1ukuls6m said:
Who was the dude around here who had a modded VTM that just sounded so damn good?

This one????

I'm the dude if that's the amp. :LOL: :LOL:

Hah you fucker...smokin

:LOL: :LOL: Just last night I bought a XLR to 1/8" cable to see if I could hook my SM57 up to my iPhone. Saw this post and figured it was a good excuse to experiment. I used the little black box thingy from Positive Grid to connect to my phone. It works, but the volume comes out pretty low. This video was with the amp on 2, which is fucking loud in a bedroom and it still came out low. I think I'll have to add my Presonus Firebox in the middle to boost the signal.

Fucker lost me at XLR...fuckin pa hook up!

Man that amp kicks ass ! Who did the mod and what is it exactly ? Is that a 5150 headshell ?

paulyc":2bgwmjei said:
Man that amp kicks ass ! Who did the mod and what is it exactly ? Is that a 5150 headshell ?

Mike Fortin did the mod for me in Feb. 2011. It has been my main and favorite amp since then. I'm even still running the same tubes since then (=C= 6L6's and Penta Lab Chinese 12AX7's). I can't say exactly what he did other than add a Depth control, Bias adjustment, made it EL34 compatible and just Re-Voiced it. I paid a guy on Craigslist to make me the headbox out of plywood. I tolexed it and finished it off. Same size as a 5150 headshell.

6 yrs ago I had Jerry at Surreal do a Mod 5 to a VTM, sounded really good. Ended up selling it on ebay to chase something else, but those are good modding platforms as they are basically a 2203 circuit with 6L6s.

Back