New Suhr Reactive Load I.R.

mniel8195

This looks amazing. My only issue with it is the 1/8" headphone jack vs 1/4". Not a big deal though. I own the unit but it would be nice to use an all in one solution. Especially for me because I don't do allot of recordings. My computer is also very noisy so this would cut that completely out. Comes with 16 Suhr ir's loaded in. I will be picking one of these up.

https://www.suhr.com/electronics/tone-t ... e-load-ir/

Hell yes! All in one solution. And for the price it seems perfect.
I think I’ll be trying one of the also.

LunatiBSW":nnsbdqv9 said:
Hell yes! All in one solution. And for the price it seems perfect.
I think I’ll be trying one of the also.

I just read that the I.R's are done by Celestion which are really great. If you read the manual the 16 ir's cover a ton of ground.

crwnedblasphemy":39co8rn0 said:
why in the sam hell would they still only make this as an 8ohm only load option? :doh:
Beats me... I was wanting to get a 2nd load box for the bedroom and it was between the new Suhr and that upcoming Boss one. Suhr came out first and the price aint too bad. Rumor is the Boss one will be similar priced to the UA Ox... I'm just curious if this will sound exactly the same as my current suhr + ir loader or will it sound better being an all in one unit.

Here is that boss one coming out Feb 2019
https://www.boss.info/global/products/waza_tube_amp_expander/

Very cool. I’m sure I’ll be getting one. I’ve been using the SRL going into a Mooer Radar for loading IR’s and that works pretty good. And sometimes into my AxeFx III for IR’s (and post effects).

Looks like an outstanding unit! Glad they are coming out with this update on the previous unit. Great price on it as well.

Looks great. However, a cranked non-master volume Marshall puts out way more than 100 watts at clipping (probably closer to 150 watts)....making the Suhr unit not useable (or not safe) for its rating of 100 watts. The Boss Waza is rated for 150 watts.

Is this next version still based on a greenback-response reactive load? At one point I had both the Suhr and Torpedo Captor and I know the Torpedo uses a more generalized response curve in its reactive load. I went off IRs so I got rid of them both, but the Suhr had just a hint more dynamics to it from what I remember.

nigelpkay":1pi677yu said:
Is this next version still based on a greenback-response reactive load? At one point I had both the Suhr and Torpedo Captor and I know the Torpedo uses a more generalized response curve in its reactive load. I went off IRs so I got rid of them both, but the Suhr had just a hint more dynamics to it from what I remember.

Yes, the reactive load is the same on both versions.

psychodave":1tmwm19r said:
Looks great. However, a cranked non-master volume Marshall puts out way more than 100 watts at clipping (probably closer to 150 watts)....making the Suhr unit not useable (or not safe) for its rating of 100 watts. The Boss Waza is rated for 150 watts.

I think John addressed that on The Gear Page at some point, and it can actually handle more than it says. You should be fine.

Nitrobattery":30b2vuhm said:
psychodave":30b2vuhm said:

I think John addressed that on The Gear Page at some point, and it can actually handle more than it says. You should be fine.

I used my SRL with my Diezel Herbert (180w) and it worked fine. I never maxed out the Master, but I had it cranked in what would have been deafening otherwise.

I just pulled the trigger on one. I love my reactive load but this is really the package I always wanted. It have everything I need and nothing I don't just like the advertising says. I wonder if Pete was involved in creating the ir's with celestion?

Back