NAD: Wizard “Hetfield MC”!!!!!

LunatiBSW

Update: found out this 2016 model was ordered to be voiced like Hetfield’s MC1.
Pretty badass surprise.

Finally got me a wiz. This one is a modern classic.
It’s a 50w, but still sounds huge, and as big as my other 100w.
It’s the newest version. The lead channel is smoking. Cleans are nice too. Haven’t dove in too deeply.
But I got a killer clean and gain tone in seconds.
This one has a loop and it’s great.
I took the chassis out to look at the build. My goodness, this think really is built like a tank.
It sounds absolutely crushing with my Friedman 412:15 cab. They’re a great match, and match asthetically also.
ipjpgEvl.jpg

Here’s a couple clips. Nothing fancy, not warm, and first dial in:
Metal rhythm: no boost or eq, straight in

And a little lead with delay:

Congrats dude!! Such cool amps, enjoy :rock:

They are at the top of the heap for me. I've considered selling my MCII strictly because it kills me to have this much cash wrapped up in one amp, but it's so worth it. Nothing I have or have had sounds nor feels like it. Can't say it's the best amp ever, because the Uber rev blue and MW Recto I have, as well as many others, hang with it NO PROBLEM and are equally unique and awesome, but the Wizard pounds you in a way others do not, all while being one of the most articulate amps I've ever played. It's also the best low volume tone that I have ever experienced period. Gets cranked tone/girth/feel at ear safe volumes.

Nice!! Always good to have a Wizard around. Does this one have any bright controls on the back & if so where are you setting it for your lead channel?

Nice man.....
There are ‘wants’
And
‘NEEDS!’
In a guitarist life... :LOL: :LOL:
I think you pushed me over the edge on this one :LOL: :LOL:

Mailman1971":1zvfwthp said:
Nice man.....
There are ‘wants’
And
‘NEEDS!’
In a guitarist life... :LOL: :LOL:
I think you pushed me over the edge on this one :LOL: :LOL:

:poke: Just in case your still teetering Dan :D

maddnotez":1xf887bn said:
My God these amps sound ridiculous. Big congrats.

They are ridiculous, really ridiculous :yes: New price ridiculous, nothing is that ridiculous IMHO, but used price ridiculous absofuckinglutely.

Back