Bridge pickup recommendations for my Washburn N24

ledvedder

I'm looking for recommendations for the bridge of my Washburn N24. It's an agathis body, rosewood neck, Floyd Rose. I already replaced the Washburn neck pickup with a Jazz. The BL bridge pickup seems very sterile to me. No creaminess to it whatsoever. I've read the bright, high output pickups work well in an agathis body. Would the DD be any different than the Bill Lawrence? What do you guys recommend?

The BL L500XL can be somewhat thin on the top end but that's what makes it crunch so great. Nuno rolls most of his Treble and presence out of his amps to make it sound good. I am also aware that he may be using a L500L per some of the urban legends but my money is on the L500XL. You could try that first with your amp. But the DD16K or Custom14K would be a fuller sounding less grating on the top end for sure by comparison. I'm gonna post two vids with LP's one with a BLL500XL versus one with a Dirty Fingers 16K ceramic magnet(similar to a DD spec wise) both run into a Diezel VH2 maybe it will help you compare/contrast them.

I came across this L500L vid for comparison sake

Back