Check out my latest build

LP Freak

I’ve been wanting a new Suhr but didn’t like the price tag so I decided to build my own. :rock:

Warmoth chambered mahogany body with AAA maple cap
Tigers eye finish
Natural masked binding
Warmoth roasted maple neck with Indian rosewood fretboard
Standard thin neck profile
6150 SS frets
1-11/16” nut width
Gotoh 510 tremolo
Hipshot locking tuners
Suhr Aldrich pickups
5 way super switch
CTS 500k pots

F3b3W3Nl.jpg

4gPWsjyl.jpg

bHyp6SRl.jpg

BSn4jQUl.jpg

G51IRkbl.jpg

HWIv6IVl.jpg

I really like the tiger flame and the fact that the burst fade stays towards the outer perimeter of the body, Look KILER! Does the trem stay in tune good?

Did you go with Abalone dot marker inlays? Is the 12 fret marker Pre 64 wide or Post 64 narrow spacing?

I'm getting ready to order my neck for my final super strat project, I finally found a back profile that matches my #1 Kramer as it is more of a U backshape at the 1st fret it was hard to match up.

harddriver":3w4hd0tr said:
I really like the tiger flame and the fact that the burst fade stays towards the outer perimeter of the body, Look KILER! Does the trem stay in tune good?

Did you go with Abalone dot marker inlays? Is the 12 fret marker Pre 64 wide or Post 64 narrow spacing?

I'm getting ready to order my neck for my final super strat project, I finally found a back profile that matches my #1 Kramer as it is more of a U backshape at the 1st fret it was hard to match up.
The trem stays in tune great. The graphtech nut definitely helps and I use a Big Bends Nut Sauce also. The fret makers are standard clay. They’re standard spaced, so whatever Warmoth offers. I just bought a neck out of their gallery.

That's a beauty, Paul. Nicely done! Did you do all assembly? Did it need any fret work? The two used Warmoth guitars that I've owned both fretted out and needed leveling.

Beyond Black":1gh5paw3 said:
That's a beauty, Paul. Nicely done! Did you do all assembly? Did it need any fret work? The two used Warmoth guitars that I've owned both fretted out and needed leveling.
Yea, I did everything. Sometimes you get lucky and get one that doesn’t need any leveling but that’s not too common and when it does it’s usually minor. They tell you to expect it. This one only had one high fret.

Lord Toneking":1p7l82yw said:
That looks really...really good! :yes:

Could I ask how much $$ you have into it? I'd be in to building something like that!
Sure, it’s no secret...about $1300 plus my labor. Not bad for what you end up with. You could build one for a bit cheaper if you leave off the top.

LP Freak":l8bozomy said:
Lord Toneking":l8bozomy said:

Could I ask how much $$ you have into it? I'd be in to building something like that!
Sure, it’s no secret...about $1300 plus my labor. Not bad for what you end up with. You could build one for a bit cheaper if you leave off the top.

I that had Suhr beak headstock and a Suhr logo, no one would question it plus your up about 2000 bucks in your pocket.

How you like the Chambered Mahogany versus a solid body like your LP's?

harddriver":1qy8hb88 said:
LP Freak":1qy8hb88 said:
Lord Toneking":1qy8hb88 said:

I that had Suhr beak headstock and a Suhr logo, no one would question it plus your up about 2000 bucks in your pocket.

I’m a big solid body guy so this is actually the first I’ve owned and to be honest it sounds very loud unplugged and huge plugged in. I’m now a believer. :thumbsup: And it weighs in at a mere 7lbs 3oz.

LP Freak":11sc3y46 said:
harddriver":11sc3y46 said:
LP Freak":11sc3y46 said:
Lord Toneking":11sc3y46 said:

I’m a big solid body guy so this is actually the first I’ve owned and to be honest it sounds very loud unplugged and huge plugged in. I’m now a believer. :thumbsup: And it weighs in at a mere 7lbs 3oz.

Getting too old for the big stuff? ?
Just kidding Paul, the guitar looks great, ike something you 'd spend $2k or more on at a brand name custom shop.

Back