Valve queen still in business?

I think I recall reading she was making more on another business she had so she shut down the tube business but no idea where I saw that

Too bad.

Laura is good people.

Got my last set of SED =C= EL34s from her right before the pricing went cray cray.

Hope all is well with her and wish her the best in her new ventures. :)

I think she is concentrating on her Gym these days. A bit of a bummer as she was the best tube merchant IMO.

Never did place an order with Valve Queen. Even though I heard good things, always found the selection too limited to what I typically needed. I hope here other business does well.

errrrrl":1hzyre0j said:
I was wondering the same thing a few weeks ago. :dunno:
FYI Errrrl, Island guitars has old stock RFT el34's "labeled as Mesa" for 150$ a pair, unless they raised prices when they moved but I think they still have them.

Loudness250":2ypcbjoz said:
errrrrl":2ypcbjoz said:
I was wondering the same thing a few weeks ago. :dunno:
FYI Errrrl, Island guitars has old stock RFT el34's "labeled as Mesa" for 150$ a pair, unless they raised prices when they moved but I think they still have them.

You can still by RFTs direct from Mesa. They come with warranty and you don't have to deal with a middle man.

psychodave":1u4wer8q said:
If pairs sell for $150, what do quads sell for these days? $350?

Not seen a quad in a while but MESA pairs for $179 even!!! Crazy is, still considering it...LOL

Every RFT I've tried has exhibited an audible spring/vibration noise through the speaker on palm mutes. Like a subtle static-like spring noise after the note decays. It sucks because the tone these tubes have is great. But I can't use them. It might be the filament or something inside the tubes vibrating.

paulyc":25jwbve1 said:
Take the amp head off the cab ? Worth a shot...

Nah, that doesn't work either. It's like a snare drum rattling when you hit certain notes. Sympathetic vibration. I wonder if they all did that or it's just these old leftover tubes being sold as NOS since that's all that's left.

psychodave":18mm7wrk said:
If pairs sell for $150, what do quads sell for these days? $350?
That's cool, I live in Hawaii, If I can just drive to a store and by them, it makes it much less of an ordeal. I thought NOS RFT's on tube websites were over $150 a pair now. lol.

It’s a shame. I always got my tubes from her and never had any issues. I stocked up two years ago and haven’t needed any but was thinking about swapping soon. I guess I will need a new source.

Back