NPD - Airis Effects Savage Drive

Savage drive is my favorite boost. Just the right amount of tweaking, and no diodes.
It helps the parameters I like for a added extension on my amps (if I’m in the mood for it)

Fitrocker33":1ygg3wmy said:
I still want one but I’m wondering now if it fills a niche my fortin and maxon pedals don’t fill.

Anybody able to chime in on this comparison?

I have both, the Savage Drive and Grind sitting right next to each other on my board. I like the Savage way better, lots more sound sculpting in it for sure, but that’s to be expected, the Grind is a 1 knob boost, more control on the Savage. I think a good way to put it is that I can get the Grind sound out of the Savage, but cannot get the Savage sound out of the Grind if that makes sense.

I think there’s a space between your Maxon and Fortin (I assume Grind?) where the Savage can do both and fill in the space in between the 2 pedals.

Well i’m Sold. Think I’m done with pedals for a while after I grab one of these and a Zuul.

You guys in this thread. You know who you are. Break out them dollars! ::holds jar out::

Lol.

Update: I still like my Wylde OD/EP Booster better! I may spend some more time with it, but I can't dial out the high end sizzle it adds. Alot of knobs to play with, and with the LF/HF on the Thrasher, I seem to just get more HF! Tight as hell, though.

Yeah I felt similarly when I had a Savage: it was on of my favorites, but then I liked other stuff better. For the tightness, nothing has matched my VFE Standout (it sent my Fortin 33, Grind and Precision Drive packing), but it has a very specific voicing like the 33 that won’t be for everyone. My Timmy (version 1) is still one of my all time favorites and seems to work great with pretty much all my amps, even my Wizard MTL, which seems to hate most boosts. It’s transparent with its voicing and eq curve and super versatile with its high and low cut knobs for dialing in the perfect balance of tight vs big bass. I think the Friedman Buxom Boost and Golden Pearl are also worth trying. They’ve been keepers for me so far

braintheory":11vocvqh said:
Yeah I felt similarly when I had a Savage: it was on of my favorites, but then I liked other stuff better. For the tightness, nothing has matched my VFE Standout (it sent my Fortin 33, Grind and Precision Drive packing), but it has a very specific voicing like the 33 that won’t be for everyone. My Timmy (version 1) is still one of my all time favorites and seems to work great with pretty much all my amps, even my Wizard MTL, which seems to hate most boosts. It’s transparent with its voicing and eq curve and super versatile with its high and low cut knobs for dialing in the perfect balance of tight vs big bass. I think the Friedman Buxom Boost and Golden Pearl are also worth trying. They’ve been keepers for me so far

+1000 on the Timmy. I have a newer version I'm guessing, got it last year new, but I was amazed at how well it works in a metal context (Thrash, deathmetal). Like you said, lots of tone/feel shaping.

I'm still stoked to try the SD come Tuesday :D

The Savage drive is a must have in my opinion. I have many boosts, Savage shapes the tone in a way that it works with just about any amp.

Love it.

Back