String Butler.... Finally can use my LP!!!!

7 Stringer

Yup, this thing works fucking great, amazing. Was not using my LP cause of you know what.... Tuning issues. Had this thing for years and it was sitting. Those days are over. The String Butler saved it. And it looks great too. But the main thing is that it works perfectly, beat the hell out if it for the past two hours with zero tuning!!!! Nada. Never happened before. I just ordered 3 more. My 2 Deans which are not that bad but detunes a little. And one for my dad for Christmas for his LP also.

Well worth it if you have a LP or 3+3 headstock designed guit.

20181218-165920.jpg

Chris

What exactly is it? It looks like some sort of string tree? Or is it some kind of locking nut? I've never heard of it, but tuning stability is always of interest to me!

Dude I just put some on earlier this week too! Good shit! Looking at yours makes me wish I got a gold one now. Sadly my R7 LP has vintage tuners so there is no nut on the headstock and I couldn't put them on.

getpubthumb

getpubthumb

VH4_BigRig":2cozetqi said:
What exactly is it? It looks like some sort of string tree? Or is it some kind of locking nut? I've never heard of it, but tuning stability is always of interest to me!

If you have a LP, you gotta one of these!!!!

They basically re align your strings so tbey cross the nut in a strait angle, not crooked like originally, look at the strings where they cross the nut, strait, so they don't "hang" when you bend and release. The shafts are rollers too so no friction there either.

Great design.

errrrrl":1uxioxwy said:
Dude I just put some on earlier this week too! Good shit! Looking at yours makes me wish I got a gold one now. Sadly my R7 LP has vintage tuners so there is no nut on the headstock and I couldn't put them on.

getpubthumb

getpubthumb

Cool man, what a great invention huh? Damn i love my LP now!!!

Yeah, i got a black one too and found the gold to really go well with it. I ll use the black on my Dean, or send it back and get another gaold as my Cadillac has all gold hardware also..... Plus the gold was $10 cheaper!!!!

Damn. This looks like a game changer for me as well!
Owned lot of Les Paul’s.....
SG’s.....
Got rid of em for tuning issues.
I don’t really attack hard. But seems the gibbys always went out of tune.

The difference is huge. My old daily beater SG just stays in tune now. Got mine on Amazon btw for those looking for them.

I don’t understand tuning issues on Les Pauls and SGs, I’ve never had any problems... ever. All stock everything too. As long as you always tune up to the note and stretch the strings out never an issue. If you tune past it you need to go below, give the string a quick jerk and then just tune up to pitch again not going past it. Easy.

I always tune up, always, and forget it, the LP will go out of tune after a while, and not a big while that is!!!!. I tried putting nut sauce, graphite, talc powder. Nope. But this. Miracle to me.

My Dean is better cause the nut is cut at an angle towards the posts so the string hang less in there. The LP is cut strait, so the string angle is very sharp. Not good.

Those look cool I can see how they would work well. If you backfile the nut this usually alleviates the string binding due to the angles from the nut slot to the tuners on the 3x3 headstock.

paulyc":ok09qq7n said:
I don’t understand tuning issues on Les Pauls and SGs, I’ve never had any problems... ever. All stock everything too. As long as you always tune up to the note and stretch the strings out never an issue. If you tune past it you need to go below, give the string a quick jerk and then just tune up to pitch again not going past it. Easy.
It's weird, not all my Les Pauls have this issue btw. I notice its less of an issue with thinner gauge strings also. But for my guitars that go out of tune this thing is rad. I can do stupid bends now without any issues. Makes a huge difference when home recording for me.

7 Stringer":ok09qq7n said:
I tried putting nut sauce, graphite, talc powder. Nope. But this. Miracle to me.
I did the same with nut sauce and graphite pencils, some graphite crap from stewmac too. :LOL: :LOL:

errrrrl":28srswf0 said:
paulyc":28srswf0 said:
It's weird, not all my Les Pauls have this issue btw. I notice its less of an issue with thinner gauge strings also. But for my guitars that go out of tune this thing is rad. I can do stupid bends now without any issues. Makes a huge difference when home recording for me.

7 Stringer":28srswf0 said:
I tried putting nut sauce, graphite, talc powder. Nope. But this. Miracle to me.
I did the same with nut sauce and graphite pencils, some graphite crap from stewmac too. :LOL: :LOL:

:LOL: :LOL:

Yeah, lighter gauge strings are less prone to this problem. But i use 11-48 in 440 and it was a damn pain. I loove that guitar but did not use it for years, till now!!!!!

:rock:

Not its intended use but it worked great for my 7 string V!

I've got some on my LP's...I actually had a very similar idea before discovering it using string balls and a modded truss rod cover

Attachments

• 46133188_10156834551491804_5096090726630948864_n.jpg
    46133188_10156834551491804_5096090726630948864_n.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 2,608
animal":13t1iad6 said:
Not its intended use but it worked great for my 7 string V!

I've got some on my LP's...I actually had a very similar idea before discovering it using string balls and a modded truss rod cover

Cool anyways, straightens all the strings anyways except THE one. That one is like an arrow!!!! Lol

paulyc":1a7pu3rq said:

^^What he said. I don't see any problem with the original design.^^

Back