Any Randall Thrasher/Satan owners? FX Loop questions..

napalmdeath

Where are you setting the loop level volume? As great as the amp sounds, I can't get over the effects loop thing.. I've got it set about noon, but I'm getting a bit of graininess that I believe is the effects loop, as I'm running an RP1000 in the loop, and can't find the sweet spot with the loop level, and/or where my output volumes are on the RP. Should I have the RP volumes set pretty high, or somewhat lower? Should I shoot for unity levels when bypassed, and if so, at what balance between the loop level and the RP? It's driving me nuts! I love the amp, and getting great tones, but I've been able to play at some pretty stupid volumes of late, and that's when you really hear it. Not to say I'll be doing that often, but if I'm hearing it, then I believe correcting it should only be that much better/cleaner at lower volumes?

Somewhere between the FX loop level volume and the RP the levels sound hot, if that makes sense..

Fuck man I just bought an Hx Effects from lime 6 and plugged it in to the loop and didn’t set or adjust anything and it seems perfect to me. . Not sure if the Hx is set to line or instrument level for its outputs but I would try changing that first.

Back