Any Friedman Guitar Owners?

Metlupass2

Anyone here own one? What's the verdict on these? Where are they made and by whom?

They sure had some killer looking ones from all the NAMM video's I've watched.

Have been looking at these for the past year, Grover Jackson is making these guitars in LA with Dave overseeing all specs and designs.

Metlupass2":2g16owqe said:
Anyone here own one? What's the verdict on these? Where are they made and by whom?

They sure had some killer looking ones from all the NAMM video's I've watched.

definitely some cool guitars at namm.

They felt great to me. At least felt like $2k guitar. Played 2 and they were awesome at NAMM

Neck is super comfortable, tones are very versatile. Own a vintage S, has the classic + in the bridge. Seriously good strat tones and the humbucker in the bridge opens more tones, Trem is crazy stable with no nut sauce lol. Alder body with maple neck/rosewood Fboard. Anderson, Suhr, Friedman, own(ed) all and cant pick a favorite. Prefer the neck feel on the Friedman the best. Its shoulder and girth are more comfortable for me. ymmv, I hope Grover and Dave get into the quilt and flame tops on these in the near future, but the relic is awsome work.

Zado":2oaa9qp3 said:
scottosan":2oaa9qp3 said:
Hopefully better made than the GJ2 series.
What was wrong with GJ2 guitars?
I've played 2 GJ2's and both were duds. They felt as if the the were USA made guitars using budget parts. That being said. I have heard that they make guitars for several other brands and those guitars are high quality

They need to get a better supply of non-relics.

I used to be in to them big time but i think im starting to get over the relic thing...

journeyman73":3s768jtz said:

I used to be in to them big time but i think im starting to get over the relic thing...

Not me man, I dig the relics! Especially if each looks different and it is like a one of a kind thing.

journeyman73":41k9zqb0 said:

They have a new model with figured tops

I have a GJ2 and it’s a nice guitar, but not as nice as MIA Charvel, Jackson, or Chubtone IMO, don’t kniw about the Friedman’s specifically.

I fondled a few at NAMM last week, though didn't plug in. IMHO, other than the headstocks, they appear to be identical to every Suhr guitar I've ever seen. I don't know what they go for or sound like, but they looked and felt pretty high quality.

scottosan":15apof98 said:
Hopefully better made than the GJ2 series.
I have an Arete GJ2 that is wonderful; every bit as nice as any Jackson soloist I’ve owned and in many ways superior. Their ‘Glendora’ or ‘Hellhound’ models may be what your referring to here. I’ve never played either of these, but compared to the Friedman So Cal,which I own; yes the Friedman is definitely a notch above. The GJ2 Glendora models are usually priced a bit lower at around the 1500$ mark. My So Cal was mid 2500$ or so IIRC. Just wanted to point out that the higher end GJ2’s are very nice. Come with a kick ass G&G case too. From what I understand, their was a marketing issue of some sort with the GJ2 brand, and I think it led to Grover deciding to go all in with Dave and his guitars.

I have a cali and a vintage s, both have Floyd's the cali is hh and vintage s is hsh. Alder bodies and maple necks. I really like them. They play as good as my suhrs but with a different neck profile. Super comfortable to play. The cali is a little more aggressive sounding than the vintage s even though they have the same bridge and neck pickups. Classic + in bridge and classic neck. Vintage s sounds a little rounder on the bottom end and doesn't have quite as much bite in the high end. Still sounds great, just different. My guess is it's the top route vs. Rear route. I was thinking of swapping in an afwayu to the bridge of the vintage s to see if it would tighten it up a bit. The cali is fantastic as is.

Back