Another Home Run by GMW - Hamer Restoration Project

Econ

Lee hit the bullseye with this (no pun intended).

Attachments

• IMG_0036.jpg
    IMG_0036.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 672
That's a nice paint job on the guitar. That looks like a 1st generation Hamer Chapparal guitar with boomerang inlays and is 24 3/4" scale. Where's the middle pickup? Does that a 5 way switch or the 3 mini toggle switches? Do you still have the original OBL pickups? What was the original color of the guitar?

Guitar George

Original color of the guitar was red. It had EMG pickups when I bought it. Guitar didn’t have a middle pickup and it has a 3-way toggle pickup selector.

Econ":f4xac9ge said:
Original color of the guitar was red. It had EMG pickups when I bought it. Guitar didn’t have a middle pickup and it has a 3-way toggle pickup selector.

That's a very unusual pickup configuration for a 1st generation Hamer Chaparral. Was it a custom order? Everyone that I've seen has always had an S-S-H pickup configuration with either the 3 mini toggle switches or the 5 way switch. The ebony fretboard & boomerang inlays are beautiful on that guitar. No damage to the neck of headstock? How much did GMW charge you to refinish your guitar?

Guitar George

I have no clue if this guitar was a custom order because I bought it second hand. There is no damage to the neck or headstock. I paid 1100 including the graphic, new Floyd and pickups and general restoration.

Do you have a picture of what your Chapparal originally looked like? That's a lot of work done to your guitar. I guess you didn't like the way the guitar was originally?

Guitar George

I don’t, but Lee always takes before and after pictures. He is out of town, but I’ll send him a note to see if he can share the before pics when he gets back home.

Back