NAD! Henning Cherry Bomb V2 - Slytherin Edition - CLIP!

JerEvil

FIRST... teh pikz!

8SaMA55l.jpg

q2XOYfOl.jpg

UeSUBBul.jpg

6U7D4Mzl.jpg

Wwu30VQl.jpg

J658hgBl.jpg

OZpcRSpl.jpg

Ok, so I have wanted a Cherry Bomb for YEARS! I remember when Steve first started posting them back on HCAF and it just seemed "unobtanium" - fast forward a bit and I did the vids for the Bottle Rocket and got one of those amps and just LOVED it. So killer. Aggressive, meaty and chock full of tones. My GAS for the Cherry Bomb never waned though.

It so happened that a cat on another forum was interested in the Bottle Rocket. I shot Steve a note and he let me know that he had the V2 listed here that he was doing a great deal on. Low and behold, my bud Mike has a Bottle Rocket inbound and this guy showed up today. This is also loaded with NOS Tesla EL34's. Can't wait to get it home and fire it up!

Lot's of vids to follow for sure.

I have to say, and I noticed this with the Bottle Rocket as soon as I received it... the amps are RIDICULOUSLY built. This has got to be the heaviest damn amp I have ever picked up! LOL! Like... I would not want to have to put it on top of 2 4x12's heavy. EVERYTHING feels solid.

For clarification, the V2 has Increased gain and treble response in the ROD channel which makes it more like the Bottle Rocket while still having the Plex Channel.

Clip Added:

Quick vid with a few different cabs in the Two Notes Torpedo Studio. No real post production. A little verb from the Two Notes. Also did not adjust the EQ per cab change, just left as it was.

• Fried 25 (Friedman Greenback cab)
• Revv Closed 412 (ET65's)
• Hop Pole "Big Beast" (Zilla 412 w/V30's)

Balaguer Archetype. Still need to learn this amp. Similar to the BR but for sure different. REALLY dig it though and glad to have nabbed this!

Second post of the day about Henning amps. I'm not very familiar with them. How would you compare it with the Friedman BE-100?

SomedudeinTX":29ryppkh said:
Very nice man. Been wanting to try one for a while, looking forward to your video review!
Thanks man! Yeah they'll be coming for sure.

ClintN667":29ryppkh said:
Second post of the day about Henning amps. I'm not very familiar with them. How would you compare it with the Friedman BE-100?
Both are killer modded Marshall types for sure. To be fair, I will have to re-visit this. I am still at work and haven't had a chance to play this guy yet.

My Henneing Bottle Rocket was much brighter inherently than the BE, but not in a bad way. I will definitely do a vid showing both the BE and Cherry Bomb. I LOVE my BE-100. The Bottle Rocket, from what I have heard is very similar tonally to the CCV. This V2 Cherry Bomb is voiced more like the Bottle Rocket which was Steve's "heavier" amp.

errrrrl":29ryppkh said:
Wow, so you sold your Bottle rocket? That thing was awesome. Can't wait to hear this.
Yup. MetalheadMike will have it on Thursday. He also bought my Quick Rod last year! LOL! When Steve told me that the V2 was effectively a 2 channel BR, the deal was done.

Shouldn't the title say Cherry Bomb V2?
I started the other thread today...the Bottle Rocket is really the only amp I've wanted for a while and haven't had a chance to try. Wish I had known yours was available. But, Saul Goodman...hope everyone enjoys their Hennings!

peckhart":12hd358r said:
I started the other thread today...the Bottle Rocket is really the only amp I've wanted for a while and haven't had a chance to try. Wish I had known yours was available. But, Saul Goodman...hope everyone enjoys their Hennings!
Holy hell I'm an idiot! LOL! Fixed and thanks!

This whole thing was happenstance really. The BR wasn't even listed. Mike reached out with some questions on buying a BR, one thing led to another and here we are. I had said before the only way I'd sell my BR was to "upgrade" to the Cherry Bomb.

JerEvil":20hoifzw said:
peckhart":20hoifzw said:

This whole thing was happenstance really. The BR wasn't even listed. Mike reached out with some questions on buying a BR, one thing led to another and here we are. I had said before the only way I'd sell my BR was to "upgrade" to the Cherry Bomb.

Yep...just kinda happened. That's what I keep telling my wife anyway!

I was actually looking at grabbing a Peters and came across a video that fellow RT'er mctallica1 did comparing a Peters BH to a Cherry Bomb, and that got me curious about the Henning stuff. So I hit Jeremy up on his thoughts regarding the Henning, knowing he had one, and next thing I know I have a Bottle Rocket showing up this week :confused:

His Splawn wound up with me too, and while I LOVED that amp to pieces, the Wizard showed up shortly after and well...lets just say while the QR was amazing, the Wizard was AMAZING'er...LOL.

Geez you guys should open a damn gas station already :LOL: :LOL: Man, I now want amps I didn't feel I needed yesterday lol.

MetalHeadMike":3mw784wd said:
JerEvil":3mw784wd said:
peckhart":3mw784wd said:

Yep...just kinda happened. That's what I keep telling my wife anyway!

I was actually looking at grabbing a Peters and came across a video that fellow RT'er mctallica1 did comparing a Peters BH to a Cherry Bomb, and that got me curious about the Henning stuff. So I hit Jeremy up on his thoughts regarding the Henning, knowing he had one, and next thing I know I have a Bottle Rocket showing up this week :confused:

His Splawn wound up with me too, and while I LOVED that amp to pieces, the Wizard showed up shortly after and well...lets just say while the QR was amazing, the Wizard was AMAZING'er...LOL.
:LOL: :LOL:

Man I think you are REALLY going to dig the BR. Also, it is a LOUD 50 watts... can't wait to hear your thoughts on it!

errrrrl":3mw784wd said:
Geez you guys should open a damn gas station already :LOL: :LOL: Man, I now want amps I didn't feel I needed yesterday lol.
Lol! You're welcome!?!?!

mctallica1":1fxrvvmf said:
:rock: :rock:

Fantastic amps!

Steve nailed it with these designs. And he is a GREAT dude :thumbsup:
Yeah man he is a great dude! We were just texting and I told him he needs to get a damn instagram account so i can tag the damn posts I'm doing! LOL!

Steve builds a GREAT amp, and is a really good guy, as well; can’t go wrong with one of his builds. :thumbsup:

Congratulations to Jer and Mike! Steve makes killer amps. I have been using my Bottle Rocket in my new cover band. I get compliments on my tone from the bandmates at rehearsal and audience members at the gigs. I have three gigs coming up where the BR will be front and center in my stage rig. I love it so much!!

gibson5413":23m0cyzd said:
Congratulations to Jer and Mike! Steve makes killer amps. I have been using my Bottle Rocket in my new cover band. I get compliments on my tone from the bandmates at rehearsal and audience members at the gigs. I have three gigs coming up where the BR will be front and center in my stage rig. I love it so much!!
Thanks man! I really won't get to spend a ton of time playing this guy til the weekend. Loving it so far though!

JerEvil":2yd9ea1r said:
gibson5413":2yd9ea1r said:
Thanks man! I really won't get to spend a ton of time playing this guy til the weekend. Loving it so far though!

Congrats man! It looks sexy as hell with that snakeskin :thumbsup: Can't wait to hear your full report w/ vids.

Oh...and I think I feel that all to familiar tickle in the back of my throat and have a feeling I might be calling out sick tomorrow ;)

MetalHeadMike":12q0y0te said:
JerEvil":12q0y0te said:
gibson5413":12q0y0te said:

Congrats man! It looks sexy as hell with that snakeskin :thumbsup: Can't wait to hear your full report w/ vids.

Oh...and I think I feel that all to familiar tickle in the back of my throat and have a feeling I might be calling out sick tomorrow ;)
yeah.. you look like you're not feeling well! LOL!

Clip in the OP

I'll say, the BR gets a little more modern in the gain. This feels more like my BE. Still different though. I am really liking it.

JerEvil":109i7xkz said:
MetalHeadMike":109i7xkz said:
JerEvil":109i7xkz said:
gibson5413":109i7xkz said:

Clip in the OP

I'll say, the BR gets a little more modern in the gain. This feels more like my BE. Still different though. I am really liking it.

Thanks Doc!

Boy aren't I the observant one :aww: SOunds awesome! Man I love that guitar :rock:

MetalHeadMike":32i0txf8 said:
JerEvil":32i0txf8 said:
MetalHeadMike":32i0txf8 said:
JerEvil":32i0txf8 said:
gibson5413":32i0txf8 said:

Clip in the OP

Thanks Doc!

Boy aren't I the observant one :aww: SOunds awesome! Man I love that guitar :rock:
LOL! I am really interested in your thoughts on the BR when you get it.

Back