Incoming: Early VHT Ultralead

Sounds mean man!!!

The KT88's in the UL would bark even more than the 6l6. Tighter too. I boost mine with a Savage drive and god damn, it is brutal. It is setup with an RJM rack gizmo, i can switch it in and out via midi. Makes a damn versatile setup.

I ll do a little video soon.

Nice playing too man!!!

Bad.Seed":1v0p88kz said:
So, after a couple more days and some time to compare:

The CL50 seems more Saturated and a little more compressed. Less Punchy, smoother tone, overall
The UL has a more raw sound, more upper and lower mids and sounds biigger, with more bottom end punch. The amp feels a bit stiffer as well.

I like them both for different reasons, but having a hard time justifying the UL staying at $1,300 all in. Not to mention, it came with 6L6's and I'll need to buy all new KT88's if I keep it to make myself happy. I sacrificed the KT88's in my Deliverance just to see how the amp sounded.

Here is a quick and shitty comparison video. Up to the 40 second mark is the CL50, after that is the UL

That sounds awesome, man! I wish I had an Ultra Lead, or even a regular Pitbull, that CL50 sounds mean as hell!

Will trade you an ESP Horizon FR27 for it if you're letting either go! :rock:

7 Stringer":178vr77k said:
Sounds mean man!!!

The KT88's in the UL would bark even more than the 6l6. Tighter too. I boost mine with a Savage drive and god damn, it is brutal. It is setup with an RJM rack gizmo, i can switch it in and out via midi. Makes a damn versatile setup.

Nice playing too man!!!

I actually have KT88's in it now, stole them from my Deliverance to see how it sounded. Didn't love it with the 6L6's. But I am really digging it. I might move some other small pieces to keep it, honestly.

nightlight":wu6v63sk said:
Bad.Seed":wu6v63sk said:
So, after a couple more days and some time to compare:

The CL50 seems more Saturated and a little more compressed. Less Punchy, smoother tone, overall
The UL has a more raw sound, more upper and lower mids and sounds biigger, with more bottom end punch. The amp feels a bit stiffer as well.

I like them both for different reasons, but having a hard time justifying the UL staying at $1,300 all in. Not to mention, it came with 6L6's and I'll need to buy all new KT88's if I keep it to make myself happy. I sacrificed the KT88's in my Deliverance just to see how the amp sounded.

Here is a quick and shitty comparison video. Up to the 40 second mark is the CL50, after that is the UL

That sounds awesome, man! I wish I had an Ultra Lead, or even a regular Pitbull, that CL50 sounds mean as hell!

Will trade you an ESP Horizon FR27 for it if you're letting either go! :rock:

Gonna be hard to let either go, the hoarder in me is coming out on this one!

Congrats on vht !!! Steve himself just completely went over my clx and it just rips.It has more gain than ill ever need ( and that's with a tele!), and the low end is tight tight tight.

Bad.Seed":3l9rtcju said:
7 Stringer":3l9rtcju said:
Sounds mean man!!!

Nice playing too man!!!

I actually have KT88's in it now, stole them from my Deliverance to see how it sounded. Didn't love it with the 6L6's. But I am really digging it. I might move some other small pieces to keep it, honestly.

Glad you like it with the 88's, it is a damn versatile head that does every sound great, in it's own VHT way!!!! Rythm channel in low gain mode with the gain at 3/4 is sick!!!!
Has a kinda fuzzy tight sound. Love it!!

Back