Which Strymon

Exo-metal

If you had to only pick one Strymon fx pedal which one would it be and why? I've been focused on what they've done but really want a multi fx rack as I've mentioned before on the namm thread. Just need to hear from you guys what pedal is your best pick.

Really depends on what effect you want and how much tweaking you like. I like to "set it and forget it" so I like the smaller footprint pedals from them.
I own the Dig, Ola and Riverside. For my money, the Dig ended my Delay pedal search about 2 years ago. It's simple and sounds great. So that would be my vote. But if you're set on Delays, maybe that's not for you.

stratjacket":2y1o510i said:
Really depends on what effect you want and how much tweaking you like. I like to "set it and forget it" so I like the smaller footprint pedals from them.
True story... I have a mobius. My goal was to try get a good all in one for chorus, flanger, phaser, trem, etc to make more space for other pedals I don't need on my board. And while it is good, you really need to read the manual to get a grasp on it... Kind of wish I just went for dedicated pedals instead that are just more intuitive to use.

Two answers-

Deco: A it does everything, B nice little saturation boost and the reel to reel sounds are just really damn fun to find sounds and jam on them. The only fx pedal i ever really use anymore.

Flint: I sold it because I wasn't in love with the hi-fi reverb, but the tremolo was to die for, and it has been on a short list to repurchase simply as a trem pedal. Silly I know, but it is just like sonic caramel.

I use the timeline and couldn't be happier. I need to add a flint to my board too.

Ive got a Big Sky and its fantastic. There are unbelievable huge tones in it, but Ive got a slightly changed version of the room patch that sounds huge on high gain without really sounding like there is a reverb being used at all. Just adds dimension to the tone. I love that!

Back