A little Surfing With the Alien

dstroud

last month I went to the Joe Satriani G4 camp - was much fun. I'm a huge fan of Joe, I still remember driving to work one morning and Surging with the Alien came on the radio - I instantly became a huge Joe fan. So here's my cover of Surfing With the Alien. No wah, no whammy so had to get a bit creative with Joe's motifs - but was much fun to play :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01iqcNqmLTI

Dude, that was f'ing awesome!!!!!! Holy crap man, get this guy a fire extinguisher for that hand!! :) Liked the little "chicken pickin'" part at the end of the solo. Great job! - Mike (RR)

romanianreaper":1rtf2j0c said:
Dude, that was f'ing awesome!!!!!! Holy crap man, get this guy a fire extinguisher for that hand!! :) Liked the little "chicken pickin'" part at the end of the solo. Great job! - Mike (RR)

thanks! yes i had a short stint with a country band which has induced some random hybrid picking at times lol

yea...your clips are always killer...really awesome.

was that a squire?
what was your rig?

is JoeSat a pretty cool cat in person? ...he's always struck me as "that kind of guy"...

MrDowntown":341ng6ps said:
yea...your clips are always killer...really awesome.

was that a squire?
what was your rig?

is JoeSat a pretty cool cat in person? ...he's always struck me as "that kind of guy"...

thanks! yes Squier Vintage Modified 70s with a dimarzio heavy blues 2 in the bridge. whole tune is played on the bridge. into a dod250 clone i added a tone circuit to > blankenship plexi 50 watt head>ho attenuator>marshall 1960bx. delay n verb from pro tools. Joe was way cool, very humble and gave much credit to producers for helping shape his albums. talked a lot about his writing process, really seemed to hold nothing back. very open n honest and nice

Meeotch":28t9t1pb said:
Bravo man! This is super inspiring, seriously!

thanks man!!

Beandust":28t9t1pb said:
Damn good! I like the originality of your chops you brought into this. Smoking technique!

thanks! was trying to keep Joes vibe, but not note for note

Back