NGD (Took the LP Plunge)

Crunchity

I admit I'm personally a life long super strat fan (and always will be) but it felt like it was time to finally add a LP to the mix, I mean why not, I need another SS like I need a hole in the head. After sampling a bunch of new ones, this one in particular was really sweet so I nabbed it! Not the best shots, sorry, but the sun hasn't shown itself around here in a while...

Les-Paul-Case.jpg

Les-Paul-Traditional.jpg

And an updated group shot..

Guitars.jpg

congrats...beautiful ax...its amazing that looks like it could be 3 different guitars (to me) in those pics...all gorgeous ;)

now...we need to hear you rip on that baby!

Thanks gents!! :)

"rip on that baby"...so funny, I just started a new track but it's got to be the most chill/mellow piece of music I've ever done lol (I also grabbed a new OD pedal the same day and it has me in a more bluesy mood...for the moment :D )...but I think there's a place for the new toy to at least "semi-rip" in it haha!

Congrats, looks great! I'm with you, I've never strayed too far from a SS. Instead of dropping real coin into a Gibson I've bought a few Edwards/Grecos, they do a pretty good impression. But I eventually sell them because LPs just feel odd when I sling em on the shoulder.

Congrats. I understand. I've never owned an LP, always been a SS person. I took a semi-plunge and bought a PRS CE24 last year end really love it. Not sure I'll ever take the full single-cut plunge, but maybe one day. Hate to say never.

Very fine taste, Good Sir... Congratz.

Hell, with a 101B and a SLO in the background, it's high time you got one of the most iconic guitars in music history. Enjoy it - she's a beauty :thumbsup: :rock:

Mo

Racerxrated":o0ce1k54 said:
Congrats, looks great! I'm with you, I've never strayed too far from a SS. Instead of dropping real coin into a Gibson I've bought a few Edwards/Grecos, they do a pretty good impression. But I eventually sell them because LPs just feel odd when I sling em on the shoulder.
Thanks! Ya know, as a smaller guy I always went for the more comfy super strats, comfort is a huge factor these days (I think my playing out days are over)...but this LP was pretty light (8.2#) and I guess the stool I was using also sorta forced me to sit a certain way (vs my trusty old desk chair) that it all felt good (I bought the stool too :LOL: :LOL: )!

stratjacket":o0ce1k54 said:
Congrats. I understand. I've never owned an LP, always been a SS person. I took a semi-plunge and bought a PRS CE24 last year end really love it. Not sure I'll ever take the full single-cut plunge, but maybe one day. Hate to say never.
Thanks! I looked at PRS as well, they're tone monsters too!

Ventura":o0ce1k54 said:
Very fine taste, Good Sir... Congratz.

Hell, with a 101B and a SLO in the background, it's high time you got one of the most iconic guitars in music history. Enjoy it - she's a beauty :thumbsup: :rock:

Mo
Thanks Ventura! Right? I sampled it for a while last night through the Bogner and damn it was sounding like a nice match. :)

Congrats! Must be something in the water. Several of us have been buying single cuts the past couple days. I grabbed a Epi Koa Custom Pro that just got delivered today. I had the same reasons in that I wanted something different than my normal SS. I'm surprised at how good this one is for the price. I just need some different pups in it. I'm a pretty small guy(5 foot 6) and I'm surprised how well this is suiting me weight and shape wise.

Congratulations! Hey....where did you get that? It looks just like one previously owned by Justin Derrico that we were selling at the Amp Shop in NoHo, CA.

RandyVanMartini":1tlmnwlo said:
Frickn' nice LP...Congrats!
Thanks!!

LCW":1tlmnwlo said:
That is an absolutely beautiful LP! Love the look without the pick guard!
Thank you! Me too...it's interesting the way they vary these things up from the factory (some with guards, some not, pickups, teardrop, edge burst, etc).

ClintN667":1tlmnwlo said:
Congrats! Must be something in the water. Several of us have been buying single cuts the past couple days. I grabbed a Epi Koa Custom Pro that just got delivered today. I had the same reasons in that I wanted something different than my normal SS. I'm surprised at how good this one is for the price. I just need some different pups in it. I'm a pretty small guy(5 foot 6) and I'm surprised how well this is suiting me weight and shape wise.
Thanks! That's weird but good catch, I think this site definitely leans more SS than vintage, maybe we're just catching up and adding a little variety. I'm with you on the pickup idea...some changing might be in order, these stock BB's are okay but with a box of humbuckers sitting around, why not experiment.

Scumback Speakers":1tlmnwlo said:
Congrats Crunchity....this coming from a guy who has over 10 Les Pauls, and 8 SG's...nice looking color and top.
Thanks man! I admit I don't know much about LP's, but I do know a nice guitar when I see and play one...it's just a happy bonus that more knowledgeable guys like yourself are saying it's a great score. :)

Bad.Seed":1tlmnwlo said:
From a massive LP fan and hoarder, that is a great one. Congrats!
Awesome to hear, thank you!

UltraGary":1tlmnwlo said:
Congratulations! Hey....where did you get that? It looks just like one previously owned by Justin Derrico that we were selling at the Amp Shop in NoHo, CA.
Thank you! I found it at the Atlanta GC actually. That would have been pretty cool tho! I actually own a rare puzzle top prestige that was first ordered and owned by Will Hunt (drummer for Evanescence and at times Motley Crue and Black Label Society)...a JD guitar would've been sweet, he's incred!

Back