My band has a new premier vid up

atrox

OK. I know this style may not be a lot you guy's thing. I'm OK with that of course.

My band Contrarian is about to release a new record on March 15th. We are a metal band... kinda like the band Death as far as style goes. We feature George Kollias from the band Nile on drums and vocals.

I used my USA Charvel San Dimas and my USA SoCal on some solo's. I used my Helix with the Friedman BE amp, since that is what i'm used to in real life. The other guy used an Engl Fireball for his parts.

Hope you dig it. If not, then let me know why. Thanks all.

48380367-2494991743908344-7657371667324207104-n.jpg

http://www.heavyblogisheavy.com/2019/02 ... new-track/

Markedman":39to1s16 said:
I liked it. Rochester, do you know Chris Arp from Psyopus?

Yeah. i was almost in Psyopus, but i was too busy with my other band at the time. My old bass player was in Psyopus though. Practiced right across the hall from them guys. Anyway, yeah. Just had a quick chat with Arp the other day.

atrox":1vmgg4p0 said:
Markedman":1vmgg4p0 said:

Yeah. i was almost in Psyopus, but i was too busy with my other band at the time. My old bass player was in Psyopus though. Practiced right across the hall from them guys. Anyway, yeah. Just had a quick chat with Arp the other day.

Do you still have that old 800?

Detroit1973":12th31k5 said:
atrox":12th31k5 said:
Markedman":12th31k5 said:

Do you still have that old 800?

No. I sold that to Bill Kelliher.

slyym":29lzwrf6 said:
Music sounds cool but god damn I hate lyric video’s!!!!

Thanks! But you can just listen and not watch. The record companies kinda enforce them these days

Good job man. Mix and production were top notch. Guitars seemed real prominent too.

Not personally a fan of Death Metal but this is Rig Talk not Vocal Talk. For those not into that vocal style I'd suggest at least checking out the song from 4:00 - 6:00 and judge the guitars for what they are.

Nice work and good luck with your album :)

sick dude. Kolias is a monster I live an hour away from g'ville/Spartanburg, so everyone here is a Nile worshiper lol.

I took a quick listen last night and was thinking "the music is awesome but not my style of vocals". I listened again awhile ago to the whole song and there are some sick parts in there! Like 311splawndude said, this is rig-talk so I focused on the guitar parts, etc. Really impressive and just because some of us are not into the vocals, we know there are tons of people out there that do listen to that type of vocal style.

Also agree that the mix is great too!

Thanks guys. Yeah, i assumed the vocals would be the thing this group wouldn't like. I'm indifferent about vocals in metal. I only hate when bands do both harsh and clean.

I appreciate the comments all and thanks again for taking the time to really listen and comment.

Back