Tone Vise Pitch Shifter - Move Over D-Tuna??

Junk Yard Dog

This looks awesome! It's fairly new, but surprised I haven't heard much about it. Check it out.

I cannot figure out how to embed the video! Anyone heard of these before??

https://youtu.be/CfXQvzBKWPU

svyjnwrutzsackch6bvf.jpg

Marykelly":1wkk432n said:
Wait how is it working with a trem that still floats?

To me it just looks like a less invasive and more compact D-tuna. Probably still need to take same approach as the D-tuna in terms of float vs. non-float.

I guess Im not familiar with that type of device. I've only used a tremol-no. Does the one he's using have an active spring that pushes against the trem so you have to pull the string tension AND compress a spring to pull up?

Nice! Exactly what I was looking for being more compact! Thx for posting!!!!

Welcome to the forum, Tone Vise. Cool product you got there.

I have used trem stabilizers before. The article you linked us too even shows several stabilizers that can be used with your product, nice job.

rottingcorpse":1choxsno said:

I have used trem stabilizers before. The article you linked us too even shows several stabilizers that can be used with your product, nice job.

Thank you.

Yes, there are numerous ways to stabilize a trem. The Black Box, ESP Arming Adjuster and Ibanez Backstop are variants of Kahler's patented design which has now expired. This type will allow for pull ups on the trem bar. You'll lose the flutter effect. They make tuning and double stop bending much easier though. I think the tradeoff is worth it.

Tone Vise":3jjij3xq said:
rottingcorpse":3jjij3xq said:

Thank you.

Yes, there are numerous ways to stabilize a trem. The Black Box, ESP Arming Adjuster and Ibanez Backstop are variants of Kahler's patented design which has now expired. This type will allow for pull ups on the trem bar. You'll lose the flutter effect. They make tuning and double stop bending much easier though. I think the tradeoff is worth it.

What us 'flutter' on a floyd rose, btw? ...I just bought a MIM Charvel Style 2 and it's my first Floyd in 20 years. I'm a little nervous.

This Pitch Shifter was a factor in my decision to purchase the FR Charvel. If it works well and is as easy to install and 'fine-tune', it will dominate the EVH, imo.

I figured I'd just block the trem with a simple Trem Stopper, but will look into these other options. I can't say I'll be doing a lot of whammy tricks.

The D-tuna sucks. Glad to see something that seems better built. Had two Wolfgangs with the D-Tuna and they were a huge pain in the ass that needed constant tweaking, re-adjusting, tweaking, adjusting. Flimsy pieces of shit, if you ask me.

damnit, and I literally just ordered a D-tuna this afternoon.

Looks like they solved a couple of issues the D-Tuna has, like fitting the recess, and not needing a small allen wrench to fin tune it.

Nice product, I may have to drop one on one of my other FR guitars and compare them.

Tone Vise":1yevuodu said:
Findthetone1":1yevuodu said:
Welcome Mark! Will this work with a Floyd Rose Pro?

Sorry, it doesn't work on the Lo-Pro although there maybe one in the future.
But it does work on the original Floyd, correct? And what’s the price?

LP Freak":2ke8byov said:
Tone Vise":2ke8byov said:
Findthetone1":2ke8byov said:
Welcome Mark! Will this work with a Floyd Rose Pro?

Sorry, it doesn't work on the Lo-Pro although there maybe one in the future.
But it does work on the original Floyd, correct? And what’s the price?

Yes, the is a Floyd Rose version and one for the Ibanez Edge. 39.99 shipped in the USA on reverb.

Back