Tone Vise Pitch Shifter - Move Over D-Tuna??

Hack,
You don't have it installed properly. You need to get it closer to the whale tail but not rub on the backside of the fine tuner threads.

Attachments

• Installed side view in E.jpg
    Installed side view in E.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 626
Tone Vise":23jgxjho said:
Hack,
You don't have it installed properly. You need to get it closer to the whale tail but not rub on the backside of the fine tuner threads.

What do you have installed in the A saddle in that image??

tlingen":10arjwdv said:
Tone Vise":10arjwdv said:
Hack,

What do you have installed in the A saddle in that image??

Not sure what that is. Someone else’s guitar.

Turns out I needed a longer screw for the Floyd which Mark sent me.
Working great now, but be careful installing the PS the first time. I bent the hell out of the
Low E leaf spring underneath the E screw when first screwing the PS on.
I’ve since taken the Floyd out and fixed it, so now when I change to drop D, the leaf spring prevents the PS from spinning round and round. Still having issues with the Tremel-no, but that’s for a different chat ?

What do you have installed in the A saddle in that image??[/quote]

That's a version of my keyless tremolo locks. These will be out soon in steel and brass. Second picture show the intonation tool.
Used with my keyless nut locks you'll be able to change strings on a Floyd without using a hex key or need to remove the ball ends.

Attachments

• new trem locks (1).jpg
    new trem locks (1).jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 556
  • new trem locks with intonation tool.jpg
    new trem locks with intonation tool.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 548
I'm still enjoying the PS on my Kramer SM-1. :rock:

Easier switching than with a D-Tuna; technically if you're quick enough, you could do it mid-song.

Tone Vise":2kzfmlcx said:
What happens when the E string goes out of tune in the E position? If you tune it back to E with the fine tuner, will it still be in tune in the D position??

No, if you did this it wouldn't be in tune in D. The E is tuned with the headstock tuner. As JYD posted, you can use a set of my Keyless Nut Locks for quick access to the headstock tuners. This would be the best of both worlds as there would be no allen keys needed to tune to E or as with the DT, fine tune to E.

Here is the rub for me. I'm not interested in putting those ugly things on my nut and while the e string rarely goes out of tune it would be a real pain in the middle of a gig to have to unlock the nut to tune

232cap":2oewlvg6 said:
A d tuna works perfect, if ya understand how to set it up. :rock:
Mine is working fine and it *is* properly setup, on my Charvel So-Cal.

However, I find it's easier to twist/flip the Tone Vise (which is on my Kramer SM-1), than to switch the D-Tuna, which requires more force and your hand/arm in such a position, that it would take up more time, therefore making it less suited to use it mid-song.

232cap":1bjftibg said:

the reason I was looking at this is because on the guitar I just put a dtuna on there is barely any clearence between the dtuna and the top of the guitar. Its a recessed floyd .

Speeddemon":1ijk26o1 said:
232cap":1ijk26o1 said:

However, I find it's easier to twist/flip the Tone Vise (which is on my Kramer SM-1), than to switch the D-Tuna, which requires more force and your hand/arm in such a position, that it would take up more time, therefore making it less suited to use it mid-song.

If your low E goes out of tune and you aren't using the drop D feature at the moment can you retune your low E back to E with the fine tuners without opening the lock nut ? I understand if the D was out of tune after doing this but can you get your E back in tune with the fine tuners ?

splatter":32ovncql said:
Speeddemon":32ovncql said:
232cap":32ovncql said:

If your low E goes out of tune and you aren't using the drop D feature at the moment can you retune your low E back to E with the fine tuners without opening the lock nut ? I understand if the D was out of tune after doing this but can you get your E back in tune with the fine tuners ?
With the ToneVise you cannot, to my understanding. Because the ToneVise is in the 'open' or 'loose' position, when it's tuned to D. Only then the finetuners work, since they make physical context to the locking cylinder.
If you 'set' the ToneVise so that the string jumps from D to E, it does so by pushing down the locking cylinder and therefore creating an empty space between said cylinder and the finetuner.

Yes, you can still use the fine tuner to tune the E string with the Pitch Shifter installed. When it's engaged the up or E position you can tune it sharp above the current tuning. If you need to tune flat then drop it to the D position and you'll have the full range of the fine tuner. Of course you could always install a set of Tone Vise Keyless Nut Locks like Steve Vai and have access to the headstock tuners.

Steve Vai
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQsQnTcY7_g&

Attachments

• Reduced.jpg
    Reduced.jpg
    433.4 KB · Views: 206
Back