KHE Amplifier-Cabinet-Selector | ACS 4x2 | ACS 8x4

KHE

Hi my rig talk friends!

Markus here from KHE Audio Electronics, a newly founded 1-man company for Audio Electronic Products, located in Switzerland.

I’d like to present you guys my first product, which was released yesterday:

The KHE Amplifier Cabinet Selector | ACS4x2 | ACS 8x4

803485d1551649577-khe-amplifier-cabinet-selector-acs-4x2-acs-8x4-now-available-unbenannt4.jpg

Connect all your amps and cabs to the ACS, now you can switch between all your amps and cabinets within milliseconds.
It’s so much fun to switch between amps, compare them and get inspired by the different tones. I’m sure a lot of you guys with more thanone amp would have so much fun with an ACS :D
The ACS is available in two versions: ACS 8x4 (8 amps + 4 cabs) and ACS 4x2 (4 amps + 2 cabs)

Features
• amplifiers are safe & protected (int. dummy load)
• no chance of activating an amp without load
• the presence of speaker cabinets is supervised
• change amps and cabs by a push of a switch
• up to 2 cabinets at the same time
• compatible with tube- and solid state amps
• signal switching by high quality relays, digitally controlled
• color coded jacks for easy wiring
• front & rear instrument input, tuner output
• midi controllable
• engineered and built in Switzerland

The KHE ACS-Series is the ultimate solution for any situation where more than one amp or cab is available:
• recording studios
• reampers & profilers
• gear enthusiasts & collectors
• music stores & showrooms
• amp manufacturers
• repair shops
• gear reviews & comparisons
• live musicians

Visit http://www.khe-audioelectronics.com for more informations.

if you have any questions, please let me know. Feedback to my company, website and products is much appreciated as well.

Thanks a lot for your support guys!:) i spent countless hours in developing these products and starting the business, besides working 42hr/week at my regular fulltime-job.
now it's my dream to get fully self-employed and being my own boss and supporting my family. With your support, i may come a bit closer to that dream.

Cheers, Markus
ps: the amdins were cool with me posting it here, howevere if there is a problem with it, just let me know.

Attachments

• Unbenannt4.png
    Unbenannt4.png
    114.6 KB · Views: 4,286
The ACS 8x4 looks like a great product and fills a gap in the market (I’m not aware of any other products that will do 8 amps and 4 cabs).

I currently have 8 amps in my studio with 3 cabs, so this would be perfect.

Thinking long and hard about getting one!

Thank you kdmay! if you have any questions regarding the ACS and it's functions, just hit me up :)
best greetings,
markus

JerEvil":1g9h7q1z said:
Man I REALLY need an amp switcher!

Same! I have a Neutrik patch bay which works really well, but "on the fly" AB testing isn't really possible. This unit solves that.

KHE":1g9h7q1z said:
Thank you kdmay! if you have any questions regarding the ACS and it's functions, just hit me up :)
best greetings,
markus

Thanks Markus

I do have one question - does each amp outlet jack have its own dedicated load for when the amp isn't selected? That is, there isn't one load shared for the entire unit? Also, what is the value of this load (e.g. 30R)?

@kdmay
yes, each unselected amp has it's own load resistor. each unused amplifier input is also muted, so no signals can reach the poweramp. the load resistors have a value of 22R, but this isn't very critical, since the load-resistor only sees the noise-floor of the amp which is very small compared to the full power signal when you play.

your patchbay solution sounds like a great idea, but i can see the benefit of a dedicated switching system if you use different amps regularly (+ the added saftey features). it's so much fun to change the amps and cabs on the fly and get inspired by the different tones :)

thanks!
Markus

KHE":1ko61gbc said:
@kdmay
yes, each unselected amp has it's own load resistor. each unused amplifier input is also muted, so no signals can reach the poweramp. the load resistors have a value of 22R, but this isn't very critical, since the load-resistor only sees the noise-floor of the amp which is very small compared to the full power signal when you play.

your patchbay solution sounds like a great idea, but i can see the benefit of a dedicated switching system if you use different amps regularly (+ the added saftey features). it's so much fun to change the amps and cabs on the fly and get inspired by the different tones :)

thanks!
Markus

Great, thanks. Exactly what I wanted to hear!

Very tempted now......

kdmay":1lhtu0pl said:
KHE":1lhtu0pl said:
@kdmay

thanks!
Markus

Great, thanks. Exactly what I wanted to hear!

Very tempted now......
Me as well. Although I don’t need the 8 I’d probably go with it for the Rack feature.

the ACS 8x4 is now Sneap-approved :) :rock:

59286172_446606735882411_3918384524832014336_n.png

Gsxrbusa":2qp19d9n said:
How much?
ACS 8x4 is 999.- CHF excl. shipping/Vat, ACS 4x2 is 666.- CHF excl. shipping/Vat (exchange rate $ to CHF is nearly 1:1)

Wow, nice switcher and very reasonable pricing. Are there any plans on releasing a model with a shared FX loop?

Cool product. I would love to get one, but the way things are going for me, I will be going the two notes direction for my next expendature that is non amp buying. Lol. I fully realize that the products are totally different from each other though, but I hear amps calling. Lol

I could use one of these on top of that though. The shared fx loop would be great.

KHE":3pyq2yhf said:
for those who are looking for a switcher w. fx-loop-sharing, stay tuned... :D
No shit? Six or Eight amps in with a shared FX loop would be awesome.

Back