Peavey 6505+ Cab Extreme Metal Pairing choices?

BryceJay7

Hey everyone I have a Peavey 6505+ and play Black/Stoner/Doom Metal in my band and currently run it through a Mesa Boogie Rectifier 4x12 Cab. I am looking to add another 4x12 to make it a full stack and was wondering if I should fatten up my tone by adding either a Marshall 1960 Cab or an Orange PPC412 instead of just another Mesa Boogie Cab? Also how would I set this up OHM wise out of my head? This is my first time running a full stack. Also if you have any other suggestions on a cab that would be a great pairing it would be greatly appreciated.

-Bryce

Man, to me the 6505 sounds best with a Rectifier cab. I would just get another one imo. So stock Mesa cabs are 8 ohms. To run 2 you would run the amp at 4 ohms.

I had a Orange PPC212 with when I had a 6505+. The 2x12 was surprising at the amount of low end it had. It was pretty directional sound projection wise.

Also could I even run my Mesa cab and an Orange cab together? The Mesa is an 8 ohm and the Orange is a 16 ohm. How many ohm's would I set my head to?

BryceJay7":l50ym4b5 said:
Also could I even run my Mesa cab and an Orange cab together? The Mesa is an 8 ohm and the Orange is a 16 ohm. How many ohm's would I set my head to?
I wouldn't. One cab will sound like crap.
You're second cab needs to be 8 ohms.

swamptrashstompboxes":1erbni21 said:
Throw a pair of k85's or K100's in there. Instant boom.

Or EVM12L's

Are there any cab companies that come with those speakers with them already in there? I could get one And run it parallel with my Mesa cab

BryceJay7":2eu4flty said:
swamptrashstompboxes":2eu4flty said:

Or EVM12L's

Are there any cab companies that come with those speakers with them already in there? I could get one And run it parallel with my Mesa cab

The old Peavey Butcher and some of the VTM cabs came stock with G12K85s. I've owned one of each. Currently I have a Peavey MC 2x12 with G12K85s.

Tronald Dump":1dsitx63 said:
BryceJay7":1dsitx63 said:
swamptrashstompboxes":1dsitx63 said:

Or EVM12L's

The old Peavey Butcher and some of the VTM cabs came stock with G12K85s. I've owned one of each. Currently I have a Peavey MC 2x12 with G12K85s.

Peavey 412MS cabs are 16 ohms though, so not going to work in parallel with a Boogie 4x12.

Rex Rocker":1mi0bi93 said:
BryceJay7":1mi0bi93 said:
Orange. https://orangeamps.com/ppc412hp8/

Diezel. https://www.diezelamplification.com/cabinets/

There used to be an old Marshall Mode Four cab with K-100's too. It pops up used every so often nowadays. It was the MF400. They're often inexpensive, and they're built well.

I see that the Diezel Front Loaded cab has G12K-100 SPEAKERS in it. It is 16ohm stereo and 8 ohm's mono. If I ran that and my Mesa cab parallel, would I run them from my amp at 16ohm's, 8 ohm's or 4ohm's?

Exactly. I have an older 8 ohm Diezel frontloaded 4x12 and a newer 8 ohm front loaded 2x12. I run them together at 4 ohms.

Look into a cab with 2X12"s and 1x15".I have a Randall cab with a pair of V30's and a 15" eminence legend in it. Massive with a Splawn Promod.

Touring player I know uses Eminence Red Coat speakers with his 6505+ and it’s the best I’ve heard a 6505 sound.

Back