Favorite Greenback IR?

Spaceboy

I have a bunch of Ownhammer stuff but haven’t explored too much from other companies. I love the OH Mesa IRs for heavy guitars, but I need something more in the Greenback world. The OH options I have are good, but I want to test the waters. RedWirez, ML, 3 Signa are all names I’ve seen mentioned before but never tried. Who makes your favorite Greenback IRs? You can include GB inspires appeared too, like Creamback, EVH, etc. I’m not looking for 100% accurate vintage tones or anything.

Oh yeah I also have a bunch of the Celestion IRs but they are too bright in most cases compared to OH.

I've been using the Ownhammer Celestion EDVH M20+M25 IR and the Celestion Lynch IR's, both sound the best to my ears

The celestions kill everything. Love the Suhr celestion 4x12 greenback. Ownhammer always needs a ton of eq for me.

I like the fractal cabpacks the best and the cab lab software for mixing and creating your own mixes from the cabpacks is awesome. But it’s tied to Fractal products.

I think for me the best 3 choices would be
ML legends
OH GNR
Or the new York Audio CB25 is that sounds killer

Any of those three should make you pleased

Honestly never really liked the GB IRs until I started fucking around with the Mercuriall stuff.

I’ll record whatever and use just the cab section of ReAxis for those GBs.

The Celestion Greenback 'all' mixes are the ones I use the most. If it's super heavy stuff I'll blend a 57 and 421 together to taste, but most of the time it's either just the regular Celestion G12M 'all' mix, or the Celestion Suhr 4x12 G12M 'all' mix.

The OwnHammer stuff is awesome, but there are so many choices that I get lost in the scrolling rabbit hole and don't get anything done.

Do ML or York make regular IR versions or are they exclusively all for the Axe FX? I use plugins and a Helix at the moment. I bought a few RedWirez after creating this thread, but honestly they didn’t stand up to my favorite OH selections. They aren’t bad, but definitely a little less three-dimensional. I think they come with even more IRs for each speaker/microphone combination than OH, so it’s a lot to sift through to find the gold.

Spaceboy":9ha0ujy4 said:
Do ML or York make regular IR versions or are they exclusively all for the Axe FX? I use plugins and a Helix at the moment. I bought a few RedWirez after creating this thread, but honestly they didn’t stand up to my favorite OH selections. They aren’t bad, but definitely a little less three-dimensional. I think they come with even more IRs for each speaker/microphone combination than OH, so it’s a lot to sift through to find the gold.

York is exclusive Fractal content at the moment

Mikko just started doing WAV packsfor other modellers
He does not have a pure GB yet though
Closest would be H75 cteamback innthe Zilla

I would think maybe Aprils release may include a GB as lots afe asking for one

So I downloaded an "amp pack" from ML for my HX Stomp that's supposed to be matched to a Mark V, and the presets are honestly great. I had to tweak them for my tastes and specific guitar, which was a little more mids, less gain, less treble. It comes with one complimentary Mesa OS IR, which sounds fantastic compare to many other Mesa OS IRs I already own. So, I bought the whole Mesa... WOW. It's almost 3AM and I might have some different opinions tomorrow, but these are blowing away some of my favorite OH IRs of the same cabinet. It's like every IR in the folder is completely usable, if not impressive sounding. I find that with OH and others I've tried, that you have to slog through some downright awful sounding IRs to find the few that are phenomenal, so the folders contain a lot of trash. This doesn't seem to be the case with this particular pack from ML. That Creamback H75/Zilla pack is looking tasty now! I spent too much this weekend, but maybe next paycheck. I will definitely be keeping tabs on ML for a Greenback pack. Thanks for the suggestion, I didn't find my Greenbacks yet but still got something great out of this thread.

Spaceboy":de8r2ibe said:
So I downloaded an "amp pack" from ML for my HX Stomp that's supposed to be matched to a Mark V, and the presets are honestly great. I had to tweak them for my tastes and specific guitar, which was a little more mids, less gain, less treble. It comes with one complimentary Mesa OS IR, which sounds fantastic compare to many other Mesa OS IRs I already own. So, I bought the whole Mesa... WOW. It's almost 3AM and I might have some different opinions tomorrow, but these are blowing away some of my favorite OH IRs of the same cabinet. It's like every IR in the folder is completely usable, if not impressive sounding. I find that with OH and others I've tried, that you have to slog through some downright awful sounding IRs to find the few that are phenomenal, so the folders contain a lot of trash. This doesn't seem to be the case with this particular pack from ML. That Creamback H75/Zilla pack is looking tasty now! I spent too much this weekend, but maybe next paycheck. I will definitely be keeping tabs on ML for a Greenback pack. Thanks for the suggestion, I didn't find my Greenbacks yet but still got something great out of this thread.

Glad you dig them
They are really really good IMO and easy to use
Have you cjeckrd the Zilla helix vid they sound killer there too .

Back