UPS...Arghhhh!!!!

gibson5413

I'm supposed to have a NAD (3rd Power Kitchen Sink). First of all, it was supposed to be delivered last Thursday and it pushed to today with no good reason. I get it...no worries. I left a note on the front door to ask them to take it to the side door for delivery since a signature was required. They never tried. Just left a delivery notice saying they'll try again tomorrow. I get it isn't the easiest job. I'm just antsy!!

Is it possible to tell them to leave it at the warehouse? I would prefer to just pick it up tonight after work.

gibson5413":1qxosq95 said:
I'm supposed to have a NAD (3rd Power Kitchen Sink). First of all, it was supposed to be delivered last Thursday and it pushed to today with no good reason. I get it...no worries. I left a note on the front door to ask them to take it to the side door for delivery since a signature was required. They never tried. Just left a delivery notice saying they'll try again tomorrow. I get it isn't the easiest job. I'm just antsy!!

Is it possible to tell them to leave it at the warehouse? I would prefer to just pick it up tonight after work.
You can ask them to leave it "at location" which for me is the local hub, they have 2 separate times that you can come and pickup yourself. But, since it's already local they might not pull it off the truck. Call 800 pick ups and talk to a rep.

I know it doesn't work for everyone, but I have all my stuff shipped to my work since someone is always there to sign.

Metlupass2":22p9r4fz said:
I know it doesn't work for everyone, but I have all my stuff shipped to my work since someone is always there to sign.

I used to do that but I now work downtown and take the train in. So much easier and saves on gas. The box would be way too big and heavy to carry on the train.

Yeah, I started having them send stuff to one of the hubs or a local UPS store when I found out people were stealing packages more and more. Just a side note if you ever do this though, I found out the hard way that some companies can't accept another company's delivery at those stores so make sure that the company they are using for shipping is the same company that owns the location.

I have a guitar coming that was scheduled for delivery last Friday but all of a sudden got changed to this Wednesday. Looks like it just sat there for a few days without movement.

Apex1Rg7X":1oefi8k9 said:
I have a guitar coming that was scheduled for delivery last Friday but all of a sudden got changed to this Wednesday. Looks like it just sat there for a few days without movement.
This!!!
:doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:
Man, I just dealt with this and I was PANICKING big time...the most valuable and rarest piece of gear I've ever had was on its way back from Mesa, a 2C+ Coliseum. (NAD sometime real soon..) So, I've been wanting to find one of these FOREVER and since they are one of less than 100, when I stumbled across one I couldn't believe it. Sent it off to Mike B and now it's coming back, gets to Chicago and POOF! Stops tracking. I've never had this happen, in 10 yrs of flipping gear....of course it does now..took 2 days off then started tracking again. Got here safely...but I was sweating it out..... :scared:

Create an account at their site and they give you a bunch of options to click for delivery. When it's a guitar or amp I have them hold it for me at the local hub. I think that once it's out for delivery you can't change it though.

Racerxrated":16f24g5x said:
Apex1Rg7X":16f24g5x said:
This!!!
:doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:
Man, I just dealt with this and I was PANICKING big time...the most valuable and rarest piece of gear I've ever had was on its way back from Mesa, a 2C+ Coliseum. (NAD sometime real soon..) So, I've been wanting to find one of these FOREVER and since they are one of less than 100, when I stumbled across one I couldn't believe it. Sent it off to Mike B and now it's coming back, gets to Chicago and POOF! Stops tracking. I've never had this happen, in 10 yrs of flipping gear....of course it does now..took 2 days off then started tracking again. Got here safely...but I was sweating it out..... :scared:

Waiting for gear in the mail is like watching a pot of water trying to reach boil...time just stands still.

sutepaj":15knd2yo said:
When/if you ship internationally, do you usually go with USPS? I could not believe the ridiculous international shipping prices with UPS!

I use USPS Priority Mail mostly, unless it's to the EU, then sometimes a bigger order (4 or more speakers) will get a better shipping rate with Fedex Great Rates. But that has to be planned out a few days in advance to find the best day to ship there, which for Fedex is typically Monday or Friday.

Back