favorite pickup similar to a jb?

SFW":1z07yj6t said:
The Rebel Yell and the Aldrich will scratch a similar itch.
I mentioned the Rebel Yell earlier in the thread. Apparently SS was going after a signature pup a la Tim Mills, and there was a write up about the different variations they'd gone through and fine-tuned. I believe it was stated SS used the JB for some time but wanted more "MOAR!!" and after countless prototypes, they almost came round full circle to a pup that was *almost* like the JB, but with crisper bass, better volume pot sensitivity, and more harmonics overall.

BKP ain't cheap, but they're in the majority of my guitars for a reason.

Outside of this - just get SD Custom Shop to wind you a set given your description and guitar's woods, amps used, music played.

jeff5":zrn6lk6p said:
One pick up I haven't tried is the new Seymour Duncan Thrash Factor. It is supposed to be a JB with a tighter low end and a more aggressive sound. I may have to check one out.

I was all excited about this as I'd never heard of it. Went to the Duncan web site to see that it's a Dave Mustaine signature pickup, fuck that.
So tired of "signature" pickups, give it a rest.
Although I guess the original JB is a signature pickup :LOL: :LOL:

Ventura":ytun1iks said:
Rebel Yells are up there too.
I find the Rebel Yell so much more pleasant and balanced. But still has enough extra juice to get things cooking. I like it more than the Aldrich.
With some guitars and my amplifier of choice, Soldano SLO, that hyped midrange of the JB or something like Dimarzio AT-1 can become annoying and irritating.

Back