DFW Ampfest Video Library (Thanks LPMojoGL)

scottosan

Moving to its own thread due to the other getting too long. A big thanks to LPMojoGL for putting this together!!!! :rock:

On March 23, 2019, a great group of Rig Talking gearheads got together to hear some amps. These videos are evidence of that gathering.

The videos were recorded with a Zoom Q2HD. The sound quality was greatly affected by small changes in mic placement or people positioned/moving around the mic.

Video #1 includes a PRS MT15, Wizard Modern Classic 50, Friedman Butterslax and Scottosan's CCV clone.

Video #2 includes a baby Swart (AST Jr, STR?), Scottosan's BE100 clone, a Friedman BE100, a BE-OD and Suhr Shiba drive into a stereo setup of Swart Super Space Tone and a Carvin of some sort, and Scottosan's single channel amp.

Video #3 includes a VHT Pitbull Ultralead and KSR Gemini into a ISP Vector 15" powered sub and Friedman 2x12, Mesa JP2C, Mk 5:25 and Rev F Dual Rectifier.

Greatness! This is awesome!
Thanks to all who participated; and worked hard to arrange, showup, SETUP (haha), play, record, edit. Etc.
It’s so cool when a broad group of guys (that most never met each other) can get together, and have everything go so smooth, and FUN!
I had a couple butterflies showing up, and playing one of the first ones.
I think most of us did though haha.
Everyone got along so well, and we had such a great time, had some brews, and laughs.
EPIC to say the least.

Oh yeah... and we totally “talked about rigs”
That’s what “rigtalk” is all about :rock:

Very cool. My favorites were the Wizard and the VHT ultralead. What’s funny is I have had both those amps and stupidly sold them. You guys make it sound better than I ever could.

So awesome, Those ISP subs are ridiculous. Until you feel one in the room, it is just not the same.

LunatiBSW":37ui0eqd said:
Greatness! This is awesome!
Thanks to all who participated; and worked hard to arrange, showup, SETUP (haha), play, record, edit. Etc.
It’s so cool when a broad group of guys (that most never met each other) can get together, and have everything go so smooth, and FUN!
I had a couple butterflies showing up, and playing one of the first ones.
I think most of us did though haha.
Everyone got along so well, and we had such a great time, had some brews, and laughs.
EPIC to say the least.

Oh yeah... and we totally “talked about rigs”
That’s what “rigtalk” is all about :rock:
Man, I had butterfies after having to show my amp after the Wizard. That amp was a beast that no one wanted to follow :rock:

:doh: :doh: :confused: That guy on the fourth video.
Sitting right in front of the camera for almost the whole clip. Haha.
I guess some weren’t aware we were recording.

As a participant in the room, I will say all the amps sounded great. Different flavors. Some I liked more than others. Bobby did a great job capturing in room stuff, but you can hear how camera angle and people walking in front and what not altered some tones.

I bet we all learned a lot that day. I highly encourage an ampfest if one can happen in your area. It was fun and I finally heard some amps I could never find in a store and met some great dudes.

stephen sawall":2q3am8b1 said:
Are you guys boosting these amps ....or is the guitar plugged straight in ???

I didn’t boost any, In these vids.
I know most weren’t boosted, pretty sure none of these were.
Just that stereo setup where it shows the drive pedals into the clean amp.

stephen sawall":1i447f9e said:
Are you guys boosting these amps ....or is the guitar plugged straight in ???
I think maybe the Swart, but could be wrong. Otherwise, pretty sure none were boosted

controlled_voltage":3fhxaekp said:
the wizard for the win ccv and be clones were sick as well
can't believe how much i didn't like the ksr
The KSR was a muddy, flubby mess. Way too much gain! My Ares, when set up properly, sounds nothing like that. It’s tight, articulate and grinds like a bitch. I’m thinking this one could’ve been set up better. :dunno:
Thank you for posting! Good stuff. :thumbsup:

Oh man, again that Wizard! Sounded incredible. Also, that guitar of Lunati's (Mayones?) has very special tone I think.
Some killer guitar players on show. Great to watch.
Special thanks to LPMojo for putting all this together.
:thumbsup:

Back