Reverse headstock tuners?

the rossness

I just bought a guitar with a reverse headstock and I want to upgrade the tuners. For a reverse headstock, do I need left handed tuners (for a left handed guitar) or can I just buy a set of regular tuners?

Just to add conformation, you want leftys.

Why are you upgrading the tuners? Just saying that they unless they are slipping they are not a common cause for going out of tune. I would check the nut first.

It matters? School me on this one! I mean, after all these years, I have to listen to hear which way I'm going, or if I change strings, I need to look at the string to see if it is tightening or loosening. I have reverse headstock guitars and never noticed which way was what or not or, not. It matters?

swamptrashstompboxes":hc64kcm9 said:
Just to add conformation, you want leftys.

Why are you upgrading the tuners? Just saying that they unless they are slipping they are not a common cause for going out of tune. I would check the nut first.

Just bought a b-stock for $250. I'm upgrading everything- pickups, flolyd, nut, tuners, electronics. The funny part is that the parts will cost more than the damn guitar.
0320327505_gtr_frt_001_rr.jpg

There are reasons why he may. For example, I have a guitar I love everything except it has a Floyd that I hate. So I block the Floyd and changed the tuners out with locking tuners.

Jack Luminous":3akvn1gb said:
You have a locking nut, there's absolutely no need to change the tuners. :confused:

Mainly for aesthetics. I'm swapping in a gold Gotoh Floyd Rose, gold EMG pickups, it would be nice if the tuners matched the hardware.

Back