Balaguer guitars astra model

gtr31

Hey All ,

I am looking at new guitars and the Astra caught my attention .

As always when building custom stuff you want to get it right.

Since I can't try one out I wanted to check out some guitars locally or compare to some I may have play

regarding the neck , what is the ComfyC. Thin D profiles most similar to

I see from the specs radius is 16' which is the same as a Jackson or Charvel or JP15 as far as flatness

would the thinD be like Ibanez wizard or charvel thin

ComfyC would that be in line with say a PRS pattern thin on the Cu 24..

Also bridge type , I am looking for a fixed no term , would you go string through or different

Thanks in advance

Balaguer has always been super helpful, I would email them your questions as they know better than anyone. Your bridge question will come down to personal preference. I would go with Hipshot but that's just me.

I have 2 Balaguers with the Ccomfy C. It is very similar to my G&L Asat USA Neck. Thicker but still really “comfy” and I can shred them as easily as my Wizard necks.

I went Hipshot string thru on my Archetype semi custom and it is perfect. I prefer the feel of it to the Balaguer bridge of similar design. Hipshot bridges feel more like my Floyd’s Under my palm.

ZhpNHFql.jpg

On the Astra I’d do the string thru Tonepros non-tailpiece

Hello. I’m a brand ambassador for the company(as well as a fellow rig talker for years).

The comfy c profile is thinner than my custom 22 neck but is a lot more comfortable as well. Think of it like the neck on a suhr modern

Any of the fixed bridge models we offer would be completely fine. Don’t overlook the standard Balaguer bridge as well. It’s great!

Pls let me know if you have any other questions. I’d be glad to answer them

Hey, Joe Balaguer here. My Comfy C profile thickness is .800" at the 1st fret and around .880" at the 12th fret. They explained it pretty well above, but my C shape is definitely NOT thin but it also isn't super chunky. The Thin D shape is a bit faster than the Comfy C and has pronounced shoulders.

Hope that helps!

Back