Eclipse- The Cascading Echoes Tales Collection

Sounds awesome Italo! You have a pretty big library of sounds for the Eclipse now. Eclipse is such a fabulous unit, so much power in a single rack space.....a real testament as to why it's been in production for 17 years or so! Pretty amazing run it's had, love mine very much(have 2 of them)

Purpleibby":1kl2hqir said:
Sounds awesome Italo! You have a pretty big library of sounds for the Eclipse now. Eclipse is such a fabulous unit, so much power in a single rack space.....a real testament as to why it's been in production for 17 years or so! Pretty amazing run it's had, love mine very much(have 2 of them)

Thank you!
I believe Eclipse is close to hit 20 yrs... nothing has been in production for so long. Might be the absolute record in fx processors of all time.
I think they are going to keep it alive for some more time as they definitely have nothing else in this products range.
Too bad they don't work on updating it with new algorithms and presets. Eclipse has room and power to accept a lot more than what it has on board.

2 Eclipses in your rig is a spectacular system. You can do a lot there.
I have an idea about showing the combination of an Eclipse and a PCM81, running my prests.
Might going to record audioclips of these 2 machines running together and show the kind of sublime tonal majesty and elegance one can achieve with such a compact world class processing rig. Nothing current can do what these two jewel can do together... unless you hit big bucks.

Racerxrated":1e39ou03 said:
Sounds amazing! Wish I could afford one....someday a PCM might find its way here.

Thanks!
PCMs are going cheap these days. Pretty much the price of a Strymon... only light years ahead in just about anything over it.
Eclipse is still more expensive, like twice.... but slowly getting there.
Aim... and shoot there, man. You can reach it!

italoop":2z92y7o2 said:
Racerxrated":2z92y7o2 said:
Sounds amazing! Wish I could afford one....someday a PCM might find its way here.

Thanks!
PCMs are going cheap these days. Pretty much the price of a Strymon... only light years ahead in just about anything over it.
I have an LXP 5 coming in a few days...it was only 70 bucks, I know it's old but again..70 bucks! So that will be my first intro to Lex stuff, I know it was a lower priced unit back in the late 80s..but I've read where it is better than the MX 100 type cheaper units...I couldn't pass on it for that price!

Racerxrated":dz9dux13 said:
italoop":dz9dux13 said:
Racerxrated":dz9dux13 said:

Thanks!
I have an LXP 5 coming in a few days...it was only 70 bucks, I know it's old but again..70 bucks! So that will be my first intro to Lex stuff, I know it was a lower priced unit back in the late 80s..but I've read where it is better than the MX 100 type cheaper units...I couldn't pass on it for that price!

70$ and what you get are completely unrelated! You'll be amazed!
My first Lexicon rays exposure was in the mi '80s. I bought the LXP1... and man, was I floored and amused by those tones!
A few years later I added a second LXP1 (from a pawn shop in L.A. for pennies), an LXP5 and the mighty MRC to program them.
The MRC discloses 8 parameters for the LXP1, which only has two available on its knobs. It also makes LXP5 programming much easier as the knobs are a bit of a hell to use.
it was a stunning setup.... then I stumble in my first PCM70... and that was F...K ME ALL SIDES YOU WANT!!! Same strong character but a lot more possibilities, including delays randomization/chorusing in the reverb tails... plus a lot more.
Lexicon rules, still, if one has the intelligence and humility to give it a listen... without worrying too much about the latest & greatest sorry stuff around these days.
No competition at all!

italoop":1wxw9421 said:
Racerxrated":1wxw9421 said:
italoop":1wxw9421 said:
Racerxrated":1wxw9421 said:

Thanks!

70$ and what you get are completely unrelated! You'll be amazed!
My first Lexicon rays exposure was in the mi '80s. I bought the LXP1... and man, was I floored and amused by those tones!
A few years later I added a second LXP1 (from a pawn shop in L.A. for pennies), an LXP5 and the mighty MRC to program them.
The MRC discloses 8 parameters for the LXP1, which only has two available on its knobs. It also makes LXP5 programming much easier as the knobs are a bit of a hell to use.
it was a stunning setup.... then I stumble in my first PCM70... and that was F...K ME ALL SIDES YOU WANT!!! Same strong character but a lot more possibilities, including delays randomization/chorusing in the reverb tails... plus a lot more.
Lexicon rules, still, if one has the intelligence and humility to give it a listen... without worrying too much about the latest & greatest sorry stuff around these days.
No competition at all!
:rock:
I've talked with a few guys here that have PCM 80, 81, 90 etc and they love them. I was originally trying to grab an MX1 but after taxes last week, 250 was a little much for me..But for around 500 I think I can grab a used PCM sometime this summer.

italoop":1rswpbtj said:
Purpleibby":1rswpbtj said:

Thank you!
I believe Eclipse is close to hit 20 yrs... nothing has been in production for so long. Might be the absolute record in fx processors of all time.
I think they are going to keep it alive for some more time as they definitely have nothing else in this products range.
Too bad they don't work on updating it with new algorithms and presets. Eclipse has room and power to accept a lot more than what it has on board.

I have an idea about showing the combination of an Eclipse and a PCM81, running my prests.
Might going to record audioclips of these 2 machines running together and show the kind of sublime tonal majesty and elegance one can achieve with such a compact world class processing rig. Nothing current can do what these two jewel can do together... unless you hit big bucks.

Right on! Actually I have one Eclipse in my guitar rig(along with an MPX-1/RSP-550 and some analog pedals).....and one Eclipse in my synth rack. I've often thought about moving the mpx-1 to the synth rig and having both Eclipses in the guitar rack....but as of now they are in separate rigs. Yeah it's really cool about the Eclipse, still being sold to this day is amazing(I've had my first one since 03!).....a modern classic for sure! I'm very happy Eventide are still supporting and selling this awesome machine!

I would LOVE to hear some multi rack combo patches from you....I've thought about upping to a PCM 80/81 from the MPX-1...but the MPX has a lot to offer and sounds great(your sound demos for it are pretty impressive too), no doubt the 80/81 would be an awesome addition!

Keep posting those awesome demos, love them! I was waiting to see if you had gotten your hands on an RSP-550 or SDX-330, I know you were considering it a while back.

24685623277_e4685ba296_b.jpg

Synth rack needs updating because I've added a Alpha Juno Rack synth(MKS-50)
27774845739_a952489677_b.jpg

Purpleibby":3bymeutd said:
italoop":3bymeutd said:
Purpleibby":3bymeutd said:

Thank you!

Right on! Actually I have one Eclipse in my guitar rig(along with an MPX-1/RSP-550 and some analog pedals).....and one Eclipse in my synth rack. I've often thought about moving the mpx-1 to the synth rig and having both Eclipses in the guitar rack....but as of now they are in separate rigs. Yeah it's really cool about the Eclipse, still being sold to this day is amazing(I've had my first one since 03!).....a modern classic for sure! I'm very happy Eventide are still supporting and selling this awesome machine!

I would LOVE to hear some multi rack combo patches from you....I've thought about upping to a PCM 80/81 from the MPX-1...but the MPX has a lot to offer and sounds great(your sound demos for it are pretty impressive too), no doubt the 80/81 would be an awesome addition!

Keep posting those awesome demos, love them! I was waiting to see if you had gotten your hands on an RSP-550 or SDX-330, I know you were considering it a while back.

COOL PICTURES!!!!

Well.... I'll see what I can do with those old Roland marvels!
And... about to post a new videoclip... hold on.... ECLIPSE SOUNDS using SYNTHS TONES!!!
You'll love this.
I na little while....

A nice headphones set or good speakers! Treat yourself right!

SynthEthiKa thru Eclipse "The Cascading Echoes Tales Collection".

Purpleibby":2rvswvsx said:
italoop":2rvswvsx said:
Purpleibby":2rvswvsx said:

Thank you!

Purple, that is one HELL of a man cave....

Racerxrated":2m3myfsu said:
Purpleibby":2m3myfsu said:
italoop":2m3myfsu said:
Purpleibby":2m3myfsu said:

Thank you!

Purple, that is one HELL of a man cave....

Thanks a bunch, here's some wider shots of the cave!:
39553462841_6bbd3cdc49_b.jpg

39550930101_aa735328b0_b.jpg

italoop":3nq3867o said:

Awesome Italo! Damn, that DL8R Eno Hall patch :shocked: Those huge verb/delay with mod type sounds definitely go well with those Nexus 6 type brass sounds, if you know what I mean ;) I really loved those Eclipse the DIG sounds too.... So is that 3 libraries for the Eclipse now?(The original, the Blue Library: Delays, and the Cascading Echos Tales?)

Purpleibby":1a9xeb63 said:
italoop":1a9xeb63 said:

Awesome Italo! Damn, that DL8R Eno Hall patch :shocked: Those huge verb/delay with mod type sounds definitely go well with those Nexus 6 type brass sounds, if you know what I mean ;) I really loved those Eclipse the DIG sounds too.... So is that 3 libraries for the Eclipse now?(The original, the Blue Library: Delays, and the Cascading Echos Tales?)

Yep... actually 2 full libraries and a new mini one.

Back