Cheapest Way: Guitar to PA: Mooer? W/ Good Tone

Junk Yard Dog

My singer is gonna start playing rhythm guitar on a few of our songs, but he doesn’t have an amp and just wants something simple...and it’s one less amp in stage.

So I was thinking one of the Mooer preamp pedals would do the trick since each has a cab sim you can engage. Or Perhaps the Mooer Preamp Live, which I believe has all the premp models plus the cab sims from the Radar.

I play Friedmans and I’m always mic’d and we play hard rock with tones ala Joan Jett to AIC.

Just something simple that gets a good enough rhythm tone that is guitar to unit out to PA.

Cheers!

Nuttin' cheaper than that Moooooer crap! It works well from what I've read.

I'd do it if I had a competent sound guy, otherwise, good sound may be hard to repeat from show to show, monitor to monitor. That would drive me knuts!

Cool, thanks. yeah, I've heard good things about the Atomic's Friedman BE/HBE tones. I'll look at the Ampli-fire Box. Just need something that sounds good and is easy to program.

I use one of the Mooer preamp pedals thru a 44 magnum as a backup rig, in case my amp goes down. It sounds great.
The only thing that kinda bugs me...the channel switching is when you release the foot switch. Kinda awkward, but it'll get me thru the gig. :)

Back