Thoughts on the Buxom Boost?

napalmdeath

I was looking for something with more shaping capabilities, as opposed to multiple pedals, and this one is at the top of the list. I'd like to try a VFE Standout, but they're tough to find.

Anybody use a Buxom Boost with a Splawn/similar? I love the Splawn, but it's time for an upgrade in the boost department.

Same here, I really like mine but I don't use the eq at all. Haven't touch my keeley red dirt since I got the BB.

I've had one for quite a while, using it with the BE100, I have read some think they are close or similar amps. The BB gives the amp tons of gain and boost, eq is cool too. Its raw. Ive never been a big boost guy , always liked the boost on the amp but the BB gives the amp another channel in a sense.. as DF posted the BB contains no diode clipping. Crazy usable gain. Tight knob as u know, usually have the EQ on ,I dig it. I'd be surprised if you didn't like it seeing how u dig the marshall flavor

Great OD! I use it with my Wizard and Dual recto and it kills. I love the tight knob; does exactly what it implies. I also like using the eq; the mids knob adds significant perceived gain and compression.

I used Buxom Boosts with my Splawn Nitro and Quick Rod and loved it. Really lends itself well with Splawn amps.

The Buxom Boost is great! One of my favorite boosts for sure. The Golden Pearl is also worth checking out. Both have been keepers for me

I think you will like it. I sold mine to get a Savage Drive which I think was a downgrade when using it with a Splawn. Buxom Boost was by far the best boost with that amp. I rarely used the EQ as well but the tight control was really nice on it.

napalmdeath":3j0tjqy4 said:
All sound positive. I found one for new at a great price, so I jumped on it!
Let us know if you dig it, love to hear some riffage on the splawn with the BB :rock:

yeah it is a good boost. I used with a JP2C and it was the best one for that amp out of the few I had at the time.

You can do a lot with the EQ, I guess my only complaint was that the housing felt cheap compared to comparable pedals. Just don't throw it against the wall and you will probably be fine :LOL:

Love mine! It is one of my favorite pedals. I use mine with my 50-watt 5153 on the blue channel. The secret in my opinion is the tight control just like the BE-OD.

fender126":o2an2mlx said:
Love mine! It is one of my favorite pedals. I use mine with my 50-watt 5153 on the blue channel. The secret in my opinion is the tight control just like the BE-OD.

The tight knob is the ticket; GREAT feature :rock: Really lets you tailor the attack to the amp.

I sold all my pedals when i got the Helix.... except one. The Buxom Boost is fantastic and I keep around incase i absolutely need it. You never know what amps you'll get when you play some fests or some tours

Back