2 channel triple rectifier VS early Dual Tremoverb

apophis

Which one would you pick, and why? pros and cons? don't really need versatility just killer metal tones :rock:

I like my tremoverb. Throw a timmy out front and you are golden. I got mine for about $600. Both channels can get pretty heavy, but the cleans are great.

Triple vs Dual is one thing. The two channel (Rev G) and the Tremoverb are almost the same amp. Do you need Reverb?

I loved both my Dual and my Tremoverb and miss them both dearly. I didn't own them both at the same time, but I don't think there's too much difference. Personally, I would take the Tremoverb for the versatility.

Tremoverb has a slightly different midrange. The Triple has more bass and highs. Like said it going to be very similar. Tremoverb is more versatile and has a much better clean channel.

BeZo":ebwdy8ns said:
Triple vs Dual is one thing. The two channel (Rev G) and the Tremoverb are almost the same amp. Do you need Reverb?

I loved both my Dual and my Tremoverb and miss them both dearly. I didn't own them both at the same time, but I don't think there's too much difference. Personally, I would take the Tremoverb for the versatility.

yeah but this is a 2 chan TRIPLE vs tremoverb! that is my dilemma at the moment

might need to try em and see, both sound juicy

I've owned both. or all.

Tverb- best cleans ever. Amazing amp for everything but metal.

2 ch Triple- Arguably best Metal ever. Orange channel is 90s punk in a box. HUGE balls.

Dual / triple Multi-Watt- If I could only own one amp, it would be a Triple MW. No question. (fortunately that's not the case!)

Some samples from my channel- https://www.youtube.com/user/fast13b/videos

Check my tone on the Seek and Destroy cover. It's my MW dual, orange channel, boosted with an 808.

BeZo":3fpktzo0 said:

What is the difference on the gain side of things between the tremoverb and the rev G? I can get massive tones from my tremoverb.

swamptrashstompboxes":2x5wcm83 said:
BeZo":2x5wcm83 said:

What is the difference on the gain side of things between the tremoverb and the rev G? I can get massive tones from my tremoverb.

I didn't notice a difference, but I never had both to do a shootout. The Tremoverb was based on the Rev G circuit, so they should be the same amp, just with reverb (and tremolo). A little reverb is enough to make the cleans glorious, but if you leave the reverb and tremolo off, they should (in theory) be the same amp.

If you just want to rip, go with the triple and don't look back. If you want more, go for the Tremoverb.

The reverb is nice to have. I don't have the original footswitch but rarely use the tremolo.

The tremoverb hits hard though to say the least.

Triple Recto... Preferably an early Rev F (late 1992 model year to early 1993).

Why? It's 150W... tighter, and is one of the best Mesa amps ever made,

Also... I'm not a trem or reverb user/fan. High gain tube amps should never have Trem or reverb... just my preference.

The extra gain mentioned above is from the reverb tube (reverb signal recovery stage). It's a small amount to boost back up the signal. Meh.

Wizard of Ozz":1ge1k1id said:
Triple Recto... Preferably an early Rev F (late 1992 model year to early 1993).

Why? It's 150W... tighter, and is one of the best Mesa amps ever made,

Also... I'm not a trem or reverb user/fan. High gain tube amps should never have Trem or reverb... just my preference.

The extra gain mentioned above is from the reverb tube (reverb signal recovery stage). It's a small amount to boost back up the signal. Meh.
Agreed, the amount is negligible and the 150 is tighter as the days are long. My reasons for having my Coliseum C+ the amp just destroys anything in its path.

the4thlast1":2n45ztrd said:
skoora":2n45ztrd said:
GJgo":2n45ztrd said:
Tverb- best cleans ever. Amazing amp for everything but metal.

Really? That’s ridiculous. T-Verb is great for metal.

That's what I'm sayin ! I've played several T-verbs and they can kick ass for metal.

That's what I thought too until I played it next to my early G Triple. IMO duals & triples are just voiced better for metal.

Back