NRCD Bogner

flimz

New Replacement Cab Day! :rock:

So, I had Bogner build me these awesome custom cabs. They showed up a few weeks ago, and UPS bashed one of them. So, the guys at Bogner built me a new one. And thankfully it arrived yesterday in perfect condition.

I have a quad of Redbacks in the cab on the left. I really like these speakers, so I'll probably fill the cab on the right with them too. They sound amazing with the Eclipse.

I'm loving this rig...I have zero amp gas!
Eclipse%20Rig1_zpsgw617i95.jpg

i am cheap when it comes to cabs go, but not speakers. lol. i don't think i have ever dropped more than $450 for a cab, and that wasmy Mesa OS 4x12"

swamptrashstompboxes":3agsg0gn said:
i am cheap when it comes to cabs go, but not speakers. lol. i don't think i have ever dropped more than $450 for a cab, and that wasmy Mesa OS 4x12"
Yeah 4x12s are better on the used market for sure. But my OCD must have matching cabs lol! :LOL: :LOL:

cardinal":9oechklj said:
Looks awesome!

Nice to see some love for slant cabs. I prefer them too.
Thanks! After years of straight cabs, I am much better off with the slanted ones. Much easier for me to hear on stage.

Junk Yard Dog":28llnosn said:
How do you like these Bogner's compared to other 4x12s you've had in the past?
I recently had my Bogner 4x12 straight, Wizard 4x12 straight, and Sourmash 4x12 straight, all side by side. All cabs were the same dimensions, and all were loaded with 16 ohm V30s.

Beefiest construction went to the Wizard...a tank.
Punchiest, focused tone went to the Bogner...probably because of the polyfil.
Sourmash was a little outmatched, but half the price.

I will also add that I find the Bogner slant cabs seem to throw more sound around the room. Not as "beamy" as the straight cabs.

flimz":2h2gapzv said:
Junk Yard Dog":2h2gapzv said:
I recently had my Bogner 4x12 straight, Wizard 4x12 straight, and Sourmash 4x12 straight, all side by side. All cabs were the same dimensions, and all were loaded with 16 ohm V30s.

I will also add that I find the Bogner slant cabs seem to throw more sound around the room. Not as "beamy" as the straight cabs.

Cool. I'm looking at a Bogner 4x12 straigt, but if the Slant has a near-equal amount of punch compared to the Straight, I might consider that as well.

Junk Yard Dog":39vu3h8k said:
flimz":39vu3h8k said:
Junk Yard Dog":39vu3h8k said:

Cool. I'm looking at a Bogner 4x12 straigt, but if the Slant has a near-equal amount of punch compared to the Straight, I might consider that as well.
I havent compared the slant and the straight side by side. Im sure most would agree that the straight might produce a little more low end. Whether thats more internal cubic volume, or all speakers on the same plane, Im not sure...But I find it easier to hear the slant cab.

Junk Yard Dog":yfwsvvxf said:
flimz":yfwsvvxf said:
Junk Yard Dog":yfwsvvxf said:

IME straight cabs are deceptive. At least for me, my initial instinct is to stand pretty close to the cab. That way I can adjust the amp, and on a stage you're kinda pinned to it. And the cab seems warmer and I guess maybe punchier than a slant. But step away from it, and suddenly I'm blasted by treble and presence that I didn't know was there. When I'm standing near to a slant cab, I seem to hear a much more honest representation of what everyone else is getting.

flimz":ie1ze28x said:
swamptrashstompboxes":ie1ze28x said:
Yeah 4x12s are better on the used market for sure. But my OCD must have matching cabs lol! :LOL: :LOL:

I have probably thirteen cabs (not including 1x12"s) I don't think any match each other. But I have mesas on mesa cabs/etc.

I just snagged a English t75 4x12 ampeg cab for $200. Lol. It works out great for me.

Matching cabs really do look nice though.

I am really liking my Ted Weber loaded 2x12 mojotone cab I snagged for $150 used.

misterspockyall":2xa27kwp said:
As a Bogner fanboy, I hate to say that I've had several new items from them that got scuffed or dinged in shipping :/

I would call them out on their shipping boxes tbh then.

Congratz!! Looks pimp!!

To proclain "zero GAS" means you've reached an enlightened state very few musos can attain.
Relish this moment. It took me YEARS to get to a GAS free state. And now? It's all about the music, and nothing about the marketing :thumbsup:

For you, dear member, it is now, time to play :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

Enjoy :rawk:

Back