Switch to full style
Discuss heads, combos, speakers, tubes, effects, stomp boxes, etc...
Post a reply

Gary Holt cameo to Rig-Talk

Thu, May 16, 2019 7:43pm

https://www.cameo.com/v/-j42jcD1g

Re: Gary Holt cameo to Rig-Talk

Thu, May 16, 2019 7:59pm

Badass!!!

Thu, May 16, 2019 8:15pm

I dont really drink anymore but damn if I wouldnt love to have a beer with Gary. Such a cool guy.

Thu, May 16, 2019 9:34pm

Mean metal machine that Mr Holt; one of my all time favorites :rock:

Thu, May 16, 2019 10:56pm

Awesome! My biggest inspiration on guitar. Few have the right hand he does.

Thu, May 16, 2019 11:13pm

Very cool of him. Gary is a fucking beast and thrash royalty of the highest order. :rock:

Thu, May 16, 2019 11:23pm

That was awesome!

Fri, May 17, 2019 1:19am

Ha ha, that was cool of him.

Love the guy, very humble.

Fri, May 17, 2019 2:03am

That was awesome, very cool that he did that!

Fri, May 17, 2019 2:17am

Gary fucking Holt... What can I say... I respect that man so much. Amazing personality,great sense of humor and one of the best metal motherfuckers ever... One of my favorite metal guitar players along with Tony Iommi and James Hetfield. I really consider him the ultimate thrash riff master. His guitar tone is fucking legendary.

Fri, May 17, 2019 3:19am

Cool dude!!!

Fri, May 17, 2019 6:34am

I was just thinking, how long until past forum members that deserted our asses here on RT come back now? LOL

Fri, May 17, 2019 8:20am

Awesome.

His sig is probably the best color on any guitar I have seen, especially on stage in a club.

Agree with him on the right hand. IMO it is best to be able to do both but to me guitar is more about a great riff/song vs the noodles.

Gary is the mighty one.

Fri, May 17, 2019 8:32am

Can't open the link at work. Will check it later.

Fri, May 17, 2019 9:10am

So, which one of you guys paid him to do this? (since that's how cameo.com works as I understand it)

Fri, May 17, 2019 9:44am

thisguy wrote:So, which one of you guys paid him to do this? (since that's how cameo.com works as I understand it)

Ahh damn, that kind of ruins it. Was he ever even on here? Or did he just say that for a 12 pack?

Gary you sellout :lol: :LOL:

jk he still the man

Fri, May 17, 2019 10:16am

Gary is Cool AF!!! And Mighty as well... A Legend!!! The world would be a better place if more humans were like this cat!!!

Fri, May 17, 2019 11:17am

maddnotez wrote:
thisguy wrote:So, which one of you guys paid him to do this? (since that's how cameo.com works as I understand it)

Ahh damn, that kind of ruins it. Was he ever even on here? Or did he just say that for a 12 pack?

Gary you sellout :lol: :LOL:

jk he still the man

Pretty sure he was, but it's been a long while.

Fri, May 17, 2019 11:52am

I have been using Gary's cameo to blast a bunch of friends. The one I had Gary do for juggernaut is hilarious. Had him bag another guy for his sloppy pick hand. And I just had him send a nice message to another friends daughters band.

I am a huge Gary Holt fanboy. I have no issues paying a little extra to support his weed and beer habits.

Fri, May 17, 2019 1:49pm

Badass!! That dude will always be a special guitar player in my mind. I saw him when MOD opened for Exodus at Perkins Palace in Pasadena early in 1988. It was my first thrash show ever. One of the best experiences I've ever had. That right hand was a beast!!!

Fri, May 17, 2019 2:19pm

Fuck yeah! And so true about the pick hand :rock:

Fri, May 17, 2019 4:00pm

rottingcorpse wrote:I have been using Gary's cameo to blast a bunch of friends. The one I had Gary do for juggernaut is hilarious. Had him bag another guy for his sloppy pick hand. And I just had him send a nice message to another friends daughters band.

I am a huge Gary Holt fanboy. I have no issues paying a little extra to support his weed and beer habits.

:lol: :LOL: https://www.cameo.com/v/6DuHm-8z1

Fri, May 17, 2019 5:34pm

Juggernaut wrote:
rottingcorpse wrote:I have been using Gary's cameo to blast a bunch of friends. The one I had Gary do for juggernaut is hilarious. Had him bag another guy for his sloppy pick hand. And I just had him send a nice message to another friends daughters band.

:lol: :LOL: :lol: :LOL:
Man, another "I just spit out my beer/coffee moment..."

Fri, May 17, 2019 5:43pm

Haha nice! What's this paranormal pedal speak about that's so heavy?!?!? I gotta know who makes it!!!!! Killer post Martin. Dude is legit af bro.

Fri, May 17, 2019 6:08pm

Juggernaut wrote:

The next Exodus album/tour...FUCK YEAH :rock:

I hope it includes Souza :rock: :rock: :rock:

Fri, May 17, 2019 6:44pm

VERY COOL!!

Fri, May 17, 2019 9:08pm

I love his tone with the Savage and the Triple XXX, but I'd like to Gary use one of his old Marshalls on the next Exodus album...or a Wizard ;)

Fri, May 17, 2019 9:44pm

MetalHeadMike wrote:I love his tone with the Savage and the Triple XXX, but I'd like to Gary use one of his old Marshalls on the next Exodus album...or a Wizard ;)

I believe the last one was a Kemper profile of the Marshall, at least.

Fri, May 17, 2019 10:42pm

thrashinbatman wrote:
MetalHeadMike wrote:I love his tone with the Savage and the Triple XXX, but I'd like to Gary use one of his old Marshalls on the next Exodus album...or a Wizard ;)

I believe the last one was a Kemper profile of the Marshall, at least.

I thought blood in blood out was the Savage?

Gary???

Fri, May 17, 2019 11:06pm

pretty sure it was the Kemper with profiles from all his rigs, depending on the song. I may be wrong....

Fri, May 17, 2019 11:24pm

Amen brother! He should use his old modded Marshall!although I've read somewhere that he has profiled all his old amps. What's your old time favorite tone of his? I really dig his new ones but I'm an 80s-90s guy so I'd go with impact is imminent

Fri, May 17, 2019 11:27pm

Juggernaut wrote:pretty sure it was the Kemper with profiles from all his rigs, depending on the song. I may be wrong....

Ur right sir. "On the entire record, I mostly used my old Schecter V and signature model ESP. All of my best amps are profiled into my Kemper Profiler—even my 1987 modded Marshalls, which are firmly in retirement. We did a blind A/B with the Kemper and my amps, and the sounds are that close. So I take the Kemper—as well as a flash drive with all my tones on a keychain—everywhere I go. It’s a thing of beauty."

Sat, May 18, 2019 2:17am

His old posts:
viewtopic.php?p=124725#p124725

Sat, May 18, 2019 7:03am

He is a cool guy. I would love to meet him. Helluva player too.

Sat, May 18, 2019 7:54am

Just saw Slayer last Friday, he was killing it. However, Lamb Of God was the highlight of the evening. They were tight. Slayer was kind of boomy, and somewhat muffled.

Sat, May 18, 2019 8:38am

Didn't they hang it up last year?

Sat, May 18, 2019 9:03am

Slayer? Nah, they're still on their final tour. I saw them last year in Denver and it was pretty solid. It was interesting hearing Gary play. His tone in Slayer is tailored more to their sound but you can still tell it's him so it's got a bit of that Exodus vibe still. He sounds much better than Kerry IMO.

Sat, May 18, 2019 9:03am

napalmdeath wrote:Just saw Slayer last Friday, he was killing it. However, Lamb Of God was the highlight of the evening. They were tight. Slayer was kind of boomy, and somewhat muffled.

Had the same thoughts. It was great to see Slayer and Dead Skin Mask is still one of the most evil songs ever written but LOG completely destroyed the place. No contest, the sound was better the energy was 100x more and they just killed.

Sat, May 18, 2019 9:31am

Totally opposite when I saw them in San Jose, Ca. They were powerless against the Slayer, could have thrown the LOG in the fire that night. Gary just completely destoyed it.

Sat, May 18, 2019 10:01am

sotosprince wrote:

Amen brother! He should use his old modded Marshall!although I've read somewhere that he has profiled all his old amps. What's your old time favorite tone of his? I really dig his new ones but I'm an 80s-90s guy so I'd go with impact is imminent

Tough one as I like them all...Fabulous Disaster is one of my favorites.

Sat, May 18, 2019 10:06am

FD is definitely the best of the old records. But all of the post reunion tones have been incredible. Exhibit B is the best they've ever had I think.

Sat, May 18, 2019 10:15am

Tempo is my favorite for Tone, thats the last one the Marshalls was used on IIRC.

Sat, May 18, 2019 11:37am

maddnotez wrote:
napalmdeath wrote:Just saw Slayer last Friday, he was killing it. However, Lamb Of God was the highlight of the evening. They were tight. Slayer was kind of boomy, and somewhat muffled.

Had the same thoughts. It was great to see Slayer and Dead Skin Mask is still one of the most evil songs ever written but LOG completely destroyed the place. No contest, the sound was better the energy was 100x more and they just killed.

Haha. There was so much energy, Randy stopped the show in the middle of a song to let medics carry a fan off on a stretcher. It was actually a pretty classy move on his part, but I'm sure he doesn't want another stint in jail!

On that note, the place seemed to clear out when Slayer started. It was pretty obvious LOG was the headliner, to most. Honestly, that was the only reason I went. We missed CC and Amon Amarth was up when we got there. Not a fan of either. Amon Amarth kinda sucked. Their music is lame.

Sat, May 18, 2019 11:44am

thrashinbatman wrote:Slayer? Nah, they're still on their final tour. I saw them last year in Denver and it was pretty solid. It was interesting hearing Gary play. His tone in Slayer is tailored more to their sound but you can still tell it's him so it's got a bit of that Exodus vibe still. He sounds much better than Kerry IMO.

I read that Gary's using Jubilees with Slayer?

Sat, May 18, 2019 11:47am

Wasn't there a point around Impact and Force of Habit they were using ADA MP1's?

Sat, May 18, 2019 11:53am

My top 3 Exodus albums for rhythm guitar tone are Force of Habit, Pleasures of the Flesh and Bonded by blood.

I'm probably the only Exodus fan ever who doesn't like Toxic Waltz.

;)

Sat, May 18, 2019 11:55am

napalmdeath wrote:Wasn't there a point around Impact and Force of Habit they were using ADA MP1's?

That wouldn't surprise me. Force of Habit tone reminds me of Overkill's Horrorscope which is from the same era and supposedly was done with ADA MP1s.

Sat, May 18, 2019 11:59am

Gary has said that both Impact and Force of Habit are his modded Marshall. All of the releases between Impact and Tempo are that Marshall, in fact.

Sat, May 18, 2019 1:09pm

Juggernaut wrote:Tempo is my favorite for Tone, thats the last one the Marshalls was used on IIRC.

Fucking love Steve's vocals on Tempo and the guitar tones are great.

Sat, May 18, 2019 1:12pm

Dick Butter Nuts wrote:My top 3 Exodus albums for rhythm guitar tone are Force of Habit, Pleasures of the Flesh and Bonded by blood.

I'm probably the only Exodus fan ever who doesn't like Toxic Waltz.
;)

Pleasures of the flesh is my least favorite tone, I think the production lacks some balls! Force of Habit is overlooked and underrated as fuck!
Post a reply