Reverb Payout Quesiton

I just sold a Kemper to someone in Australia.

Paypal sent me a mail saying no payout till the buyer receives the item.

Totally sucks, but I guess there are a lot of scams happening as well.

nightlight":zhllky40 said:

That's bullshit. 100%.

NO way in hell would I send something across an ocean without money in my hand, at least by reception of item by the shipping company.

swamptrashstompboxes":2hojexvf said:
nightlight":2hojexvf said:

That's bullshit. 100%.

NO way in hell would I send something across an ocean without money in my hand, at least by reception of item by the shipping company.

Yeah there's absolutely no way. I :thumbsdown:

Beyond Black":5txzhjs0 said:
psychodave":5txzhjs0 said:
I still use reverb. Listed some stuff here for weeks. Went to reverb and sold in 3 days for 30% more than I listed it here. :thumbsup:
Same experience I’ve had. My shit rots here anymore for the most part. I find great deals on Reverb, sell most of my stuff there, and still clear more than I would here, even after taxes and fees. I even do decent on EBay and Facebook Market Place. These classifieds are far from what they used to be.
Agreed. More than 90% of what I’ve bought, sold, and even traded was with reverb. Also, had some good transactions through Facebook groups and a few local guitar shops where I’m friendly with them. That basically accounts for all my transactions the last few years. The only stuff I’ve been able to sell here were little things like pedals and pickups or an amp that’s either rare or flavor of the month like Cameron, Gower and one of the Friedman’s I had. I remember in 2014 I couldn’t even move my SLO here for $2200 and that was before I used reverb unfortunately

I did have some very interesting trades on here in the past, but it’s been years now since

Reverb’s worked best for me. I’ve dealt with a few pain in the asses on reverb here and there, but nothing terrible and usually it’s been smooth sailing. My collection wouldn’t be what it is without them

Back