R.I.P. Steve_k

maddnotez":3082dswv said:
It really is. I almost fell out of my chair the first time I saw it and even to this day, no matter how many times I have seen it i still cannot control myself. Absolutely amazing work he did on that.

I know Steve lived on the computer and the phone. As often as I had insomnia he would be up and ready to shoot the shit on FB messenger, FB or text message, including email. I know he used to work from home a lot so I get that he was well connected. I will miss his no bullshit style of conversations, and outspoken opinions on things around the globe.

Steve will be sorely missed. :cry:
Even though we only made a few transactions and emailed a few times, I felt like I knew him well from his posts on RT.

What did he do over there anyways? Worked for an oil company?

Scumback Speakers":3cjvu8hn said:
chumbucket":3cjvu8hn said:
What did he do over there anyways? Worked for an oil company?

Yes. I think he was in charge of getting the parts for maintenance of the oil rigs, etc.

I think he sent me a picture of him sitting in his office and said he was in charge of five huge ships. Navigation? Tankers ? I have no idea where the picture is anymore.

Scumback Speakers":2fbwyad0 said:
maddnotez":2fbwyad0 said:
I know he used to work from home a lot so I get that he was well connected. I will miss his no bullshit style of conversations, and outspoken opinions on things around the globe.

The world needs more of this. I think it would be cool if we all donated a small amount and made a Steve King Memorial guitar in his honor, auctioned it off and gave it to his families favorite charity! I wonder if any builders would step up.

scottosan":z584498s said:
It times like these that make you recognize that your own mortality is closer by the day. You just never know. Enjoy life and don't be overcome by first world problems.

RIP Steve

Well said man, and so true. He passed away right around the same time we had 14 tornadoes go thru our area and gave me a wakeup call about appreciating life. If that wasn't enough, last weekend's shooting in an area I frequent from time to time definitely gave me another reminder.

I remember a time back in the day on HC and a bit on this forum, people would get into these big debates and arguments. Thankfully it seems like people are more helpful these days and quick to praise a great clip or congratulate someone on a purchase. We are all still honest about things but I think with all of the B.S. around us, this forum is a good place to just talk gear and escape into the TONE! :rock:

My current rig is a Diezel Herbert mkII and the famous Kamikaze he gave to me as a gift.
I was really tight with him.
Talked to him a week before he passed.
Told me he had more time.
Felt like the devil stepped on my heart when I heard of his passing.
But when we talked. It was about real life.
Not what position a 12ax7 goes in. :LOL: :LOL:
But he knew his stuff.
Still sad for me ... :cry:

Mailman1971":2luty40k said:
My current rig is a Diezel Herbert mkII and the famous Kamikaze he gave to me as a gift.
I was really tight with him.
Talked to him a week before he passed.
Told me he had more time.
Felt like the devil stepped on my heart when I heard of his passing.
:cry:

4 out of the last 5 Diezels I got from him.
Guy was super generous
‘Dan send me a thousand...
I will ship the amp... pay me when you can!’

He always did deals with me.
I always paid in full. But the trust factor is what built our friendship

Mailman1971":281ppnw6 said:
4 out of the last 5 Diezels I got from him.
Guy was super generous
‘Dan send me a thousand...
I will ship the amp... pay me when you can!’

He always did deals with me.
I always paid in full. But the trust factor is what built our friendship
Yeah he told me that but I wouldn’t unless I had the cash. Hell I got amps from him in the mail from Saudi quicker than I would in the USA. Usually 2 days tops and with extras. He found a cover months later and sent it to me, could of easily just trashed it but he was a cool dude.

Too bad we couldn't find his obituary online, I am sure many here would leave a note for the family and/or donate to the charity of their wish.

Scumback Speakers":2jvb3yvu said:
maddnotez":2jvb3yvu said:
It really is. I almost fell out of my chair the first time I saw it and even to this day, no matter how many times I have seen it i still cannot control myself. Absolutely amazing work he did on that.

I know Steve lived on the computer and the phone. As often as I had insomnia he would be up and ready to shoot the shit on FB messenger, FB or text message, including email. I know he used to work from home a lot so I get that he was well connected. I will miss his no bullshit style of conversations, and outspoken opinions on things around the globe.
Jim I could not agree more on all this!!
It would be 3:00 am Monday morning.
I’m wide awake. Steve would text me
‘Hey bro don’t you think you should sleep?’
Said nah. Gotta get up in 2 hours for work. Why bother :LOL: :LOL:
I can’t count how many times this happened. Guy was a gem.
Really miss him.

Mailman1971":124pzix5 said:
Scumback Speakers":124pzix5 said:
maddnotez":124pzix5 said:

Really miss him.
Many times I would have to check the time in Saudi when I knew he was up. I was like Dude, Don;'t you ever sleep.

Steve K is missed alot... looked forward to reading his posts, comments, ad's every day.. I also saw him online at all hours and was often confused as to when he might be up to discuss gear.. He was a great guy! I still have all the gear I bought from him. Some from gear he got and never tried and just sold still in the box he bought it in. Learned about Scumback speakers, bough a quad from him.. awesome speakers... the Gower Jose, the Mojave Peacemaker... I dont think he ever tried it, but when I got it it had a bad push pull I think it was.. after that was fixed, my amp tech modded it just a bit and I havnt been able to play anything else and be happy.. The Gower is up there as well, voiced differently so they compliment each other. Would have loved to bought some guitars from him but always missed out. Chatted with him quite often... would have been awesome to catch up.. He is one of a few people that I talked gear about quite often and miss him and my other friend as well.. Think about them pretty much daily...

glip22":2hrs0xvd said:
Mailman1971":2hrs0xvd said:
Really miss him.
Many times I would have to check the time in Saudi when I knew he was up. I was like Dude, Don;'t you ever sleep.

Dan/Gary...yep, when I was doing my insomnia thing five years ago I would be awake all but two hours in a day (long story) from the meds I was on. I'd dial up FB or RT to pass the time...there'd be Steve...posting, or shooting me a PM on FB, or an email.

I asked him the same question as you guys "Jeezus, when do you sleep?"

"Jim, sleep is overrated. I can sleep when I'm dead. Got shit to do!"

Damn he was great.

Back