KNE guitar bodies

Fragglerick

Anyone have experience with them? I'm thinking about doing a Charvel style build and they seem to be pretty spot on.

I bought two bodies from KNE for a Charvel-style build 6-7 years ago. The first body was fine, based on the specs I ordered. The second one had a super tight neck pocket that needed to be widened. Both were ordered for 2 3/16” necks. Supposed to be CNC routing, etc. Didn’t make sense.

Following. Out of curiosity how hard is it to build a guitar like this? It basically comes down to assembling and a setup right?

I've bought numerous bodies from Mitch at Kne. Great product and great to work with. My next project body will come from him as well.

I would love to get a body like Jake E. Lee's sig with the backward slant with the Jackson vibe as opposed to the charvel shape. I would rob everything else from one of the half dozen plus MIJ Jackson's I have sitting around. Could be fun.

JackTripper":cuveq9zm said:
I bought two bodies from KNE for a Charvel-style build 6-7 years ago. The first body was fine, based on the specs I ordered. The second one had a super tight neck pocket that needed to be widened. Both were ordered for 2 3/16” necks. Supposed to be CNC routing, etc. Didn’t make sense.

I run CNC lathes, CNC vertical mills, CNC horizontal mills, CNC lasers, CNC press brakes, and CNC saws everyday. Trust me, there are many of things that could throw something like that off. The difference probably came from changing tooling at one point or a router bit or end mill could have had a chip in it. Even something as simple as being in a jig wrong. Machices aren't perfect. Something like a neck pocket should have been measured before shipping.

Ed

Back