JJ Jr. clip that made me contact Sweetwater

PaulyPanacea":vx216tfm said:
I drank the Kool Aid & got one. W the cab. So far I’m
Blown away. Tones for days. & I’ve onky got a few hrs on it. Kudos to Dave Friedman & co. This is legit

What cab did you get?

not sure im understanding all the hype around these? the OP vid sounds like a muffled muddy mess to me and the rest are nothing special at all :confused: i watched fluffs video the other day on it and hes going on how its one of his favorite amps ever and it sounds worse in his vids than these.

romanianreaper":7og2zdce said:
PaulyPanacea":7og2zdce said:
Blown away. Tones for days. & I’ve onky got a few hrs on it. Kudos to Dave Friedman & co. This is legit

What cab did you get?

Curious as well. I kinda think I may just use my KSR cab but a cab with 65 creambacks might be the way to go.

ClintN667":2vkuhp6p said:
romanianreaper":2vkuhp6p said:
PaulyPanacea":2vkuhp6p said:

What cab did you get?

Curious as well. I kinda think I may just use my KSR cab but a cab with 65 creambacks might be the way to go.

I didn't realize until I looked it up but I guess that Friedman Vintage 112 pairs with that amp. That is probably what I would end up getting.

RaceU4her":1td31hjz said:
not sure im understanding all the hype around these? the OP vid sounds like a muffled muddy mess to me and the rest are nothing special at all :confused: i watched fluffs video the other day on it and hes going on how its one of his favorite amps ever and it sounds worse in his vids than these.

It is so crazy how we all hear things differently. I have loved all of the clips I've heard and tones. Sometimes a person will post a video like an old Marshall cranked or something, and I'll be thinking "that is the most ear-piercing painful tone I've ever heard" and another guy will be nearly in tears saying it is the tone he has always yearned for.

I guess all of us have a certain tone or "thing" we hear with a clip. Granted, we always talk about how clips can't really be counted on because ultimately you have to hear it in person. I've heard a BE 100 in person and know I'm definitely a Friedman guy. Like you said, fluff and others keep saying best amp they have played, etc. Should be interesting.

Like I said before, I'm cheating in a way. I'm going from a Fractal Axe-Fx II to a tube amp again so is obviously going to sound badass for me from that standpoint.

romanianreaper":1g1rcg2p said:
ClintN667":1g1rcg2p said:
romanianreaper":1g1rcg2p said:
PaulyPanacea":1g1rcg2p said:

What cab did you get?

I didn't realize until I looked it up but I guess that Friedman Vintage 112 pairs with that amp. That is probably what I would end up getting.

There is a JJ jr. 1x12 cab and its a creamback 65

311splawndude":367v6hwz said:
^ Love your prior amp history :D

Rex Rocker":367v6hwz said:
Mesa's are non adjustable fixed. The resistor has a fixed value and cannot be adjusted (without modding).

Cathode biased amps are 'self biasing', but again are not meant to be messed with (without modding).
That is my understanding as well. But Rectifiers (can't speak for other Mesas) and original 5150's still fall in the "fixed bias" camp, just non-adjustable fixed bias. Definitely not cathode biased.

https://www.thetubestore.com/bias-types

It is fucking confusing though lol
It is! LOL

I think we are both in agreement and I refer to that web site all time. I hope I didn't come across as saying Rectifiers and the 5150 were Cathode bias.
Oh! I thought I read you said Peaveys and Mesas were cathode biased. My bad. :D

romanianreaper":vjrnu1jh said:
ClintN667":vjrnu1jh said:
romanianreaper":vjrnu1jh said:
PaulyPanacea":vjrnu1jh said:

What cab did you get?

I got the Friedman 1x12 w the Creamback

Mine is coming to me on Monday from Rob @ Tone Merchants. Amazing guy to deal with as always!!

Can't wait!

Rex Rocker":1e2hr2fy said:
Oh! I thought I read you said Peaveys and Mesas were cathode biased. My bad. :D
It's not you its me :LOL: :LOL:

In my attempt to be clear I inadvertently made it worse :(

I think the Classic 30 and some others are cathode biased but many Peaveys (and Mesas) are non adjustable fixed bias.

I edited my original post to try make what I wanted to say more clear. Thanks for calling me out. :cheers:

Sorry - back on topic regarding Friedman JJs

romanianreaper":19m7vori said:
Well in addition to the other JJ Jr. clips out there, I saw this one and sent me over the damn brink. Ugh. I didn't buy yet but told them to contact me when they get more in. I don't "need" a Friedman but this is probably the best way for me to get one without going into the bigger amps. Son of a....I want a Les Paul Standard and this dang amp comes out.....LOL

That sounds awful, maybe it's just that guy's playing. Sounds like mushy mess, very undefined and unmusical.

sotosprince":19m7vori said:

This undeniably sounds great, especially that first mixed track.

Back