Charvel Guthrie Govan Guitar (Ash)

RiffEmAll

Who's played or owns one? Thoughts?

Attachments

• maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 967
I own one and love it. Neck and fretwork is awesome, tones are super versatile. Equal in every way to the Suhrs I've owned.

Only negative is the finish is very fragile...it will scratch just looking at it. And the nut is bone so you need to keep it lubed up or the strings will hang.

I have a maple GG and its one of my favorite guitars. Lots of tones available with the HSH configuration. I love the neck shape and just overall its a great guitar.

I had one.

Stunningly beautiful neck and so comfortable to play. The pickups sound great. Love the roasted and carmelized look and feel. The body will dent if you look at it the wrong way. It is a great sounding and playing guitar.

I did not like the trem on it as I always prefer a full Floyd.

I have the version with the flamed maple top. The neck and fretwork are awesome, the guitar is very stable, tone and sustain are good, it's perfect for me. Since getting it, I sold off most of my other electric guitars. I just don't play them much.

Dang... too bad to hear the ash body seems to dent as easily as the basswood/maple combo reportedly did. I was hoping it would be less prone to damage.

Damn, it really scratches up that easily? I thought they made some alteration to it recently that made it less prone to damage.

Regarding the center pickup. I usually don't use them or even like them, especially if the output is lower than the humbuckers. On my Charvel, this is not the case.

I don't know which coils are used in each position, but I do know that on my GG, it's wired so that single coil is never the only only coil. This means there is no volume drop on any of the positions that use it, nor is there an increase in noise. The end result is that I actually use it sometimes.

That said, Charvel and GG are always making changes and mine is a couple years old. I don't know about the latest models.

Back