20W V2 Caldera - demo by Reza

I don't mean to sound rude but that sounds very solid state and cold. That is not a terrible thing, I have a Tech 21 TM10 that sounds almost similar and tracks well. Around 5:46 there is a ton of clipping...is that just his tone he was messing up or is that from sheer volume from misuse of gain? I just hear a ton of compression. I have heard your amps before and they sounded great. This was not one of them.

sutepaj":30rsjzes said:
I don't mean to sound rude but that sounds very solid state and cold. That is not a terrible thing, I have a Tech 21 TM10 that sounds almost similar and tracks well. Around 5:46 there is a ton of clipping...is that just his tone he was messing up or is that from sheer volume from misuse of gain? I just hear a ton of compression. I have heard your amps before and they sounded great. This was not one of them.
I'm not a fan of anything that Reza records. He's a good player and good taste in gear, but cant stand any of his recordings, so I am sure he is not doing the amp any justice

scottosan":1sfvbug5 said:
sutepaj":1sfvbug5 said:
I'm not a fan of anything that Reza records. He's a good player and good taste in gear, but cant stand any of his recordings, so I am sure he is not doing the amp any justice
What?? IMO he always gets amazing tones, especially his older ones.

I dug it,but I am pretty easy. I am sure most everyone else has great monitors and such whereas I just use a tablet.

scottosan":27x2me9d said:
sutepaj":27x2me9d said:

+1

Always sounds flubby and lacking definition to me. And I agree, he has had some killer gear, but I've never liked the results he gets. (And he plays well, I don't mean any of this as an insult)

I felt so strongly in agreement, that I made this profile! :LOL: :LOL:

scottosan":19veqir0 said:
sutepaj":19veqir0 said:

+1 He's a GAS killer for me. I have no idea what he's doing "wrong", but none of his demos have ever made me want to buy an amp.

?

I think his demo sounds absolutely killer.

But then again, I'm more of a "how would a mic'd amp fit into a mix" kinda guy.

Everytime he mics up an amp, it has a horrendous sound to it.
You can hear it on just about every demo he has.
I'm sure the amp sounds fine, but I definitely wouldn't go buy any amp based on a demo he does.

ElectricVoodoo":1a1roplf said:
Everytime he mics up an amp, it has a horrendous sound to it.
You can hear it on just about every demo he has.
I'm sure the amp sounds fine, but I definitely wouldn't go buy any amp based on a demo he does.
Really?? IMO these clips sound phenomenal

I like his video, but i think he uses too much gain. Maybe is a combination of pedal boost, hot pickups and too low action/pickups too near to the strings.

I never had any issue's with Reza's vids. If you ever messed with mic'ing a cab you can see how he chooses to get his sound via mic placement. I totally agree they could be done better but I think his thing is he prefers to use a single SM57. To my ears it sounds almost like the mic is facing the center/cone straight on which I am not a fan of. Two mic's would be ideal but oh well. Its very much a personal preference thing, otherwise the amp sounds great.

I too have one of these guys here for demo and it kills. Mine is a diffe build though. Mine is 10 watts, EL43 based and has an updated tonestack.

I’ll be getting it up soon’ish.

FWIW I too like Reza’s vids.

Back